C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

fight with a tree...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
Glad you're safe and walking. I know several individuals who were quite unlucky.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lorinser 02 c230
Well, the body shop wants to scrap it, the owner says that there is to much damage to the suspension and frame, and that he could straghten it out but it would cost more than insurance wants to pay, and he says it could comprimise handling. Before I heard that Geico said they still wanted to scrap it, and so I was thinking of buying it back and getting it fixed myself, but I believed that they were setting the value of the car way to low for all of the mods on it. So after arguing with them for a day or two on that, the owner of the shop came up with the idea of getting Geico to buy another smiliar car (silver, 20k miles, etc) and pay to transfer the mods over. That way I get a car thats never been wrecked, they dont have to pay what I think is the right value of the car, so everybody should be happy. So thats what im going for now, il let you guys know how it works out.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by shogun875
Well, the body shop wants to scrap it, the owner says that there is to much damage to the suspension and frame, and that he could straghten it out but it would cost more than insurance wants to pay, and he says it could comprimise handling. Before I heard that Geico said they still wanted to scrap it, and so I was thinking of buying it back and getting it fixed myself, but I believed that they were setting the value of the car way to low for all of the mods on it. So after arguing with them for a day or two on that, the owner of the shop came up with the idea of getting Geico to buy another smiliar car (silver, 20k miles, etc) and pay to transfer the mods over. That way I get a car thats never been wrecked, they dont have to pay what I think is the right value of the car, so everybody should be happy. So thats what im going for now, il let you guys know how it works out.
Coming from a guy who has been there & done that, I'd just opt for a different car...unless you LOVE the coupe and intend to keep it for a long time. When I totalled my sedan, I wanted to remain in the W203 community but didn't want to have to start back from scratch with another sedan, so I opted to get a coupe and start with a blank canvas. Now it's been less than a year and I'm completely over it. I'm eagerly anticipating the release of the B8 A4 so I can dump this car and move on to my next project. In hindsight, I wish I'd have just gotten an A3 instead of the c coupe. Take your time and think it through.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM

lorinser 02 c230
Originally Posted by Blake P
Coming from a guy who has been there & done that, I'd just opt for a different car...unless you LOVE the coupe and intend to keep it for a long time. When I totalled my sedan, I wanted to remain in the W203 community but didn't want to have to start back from scratch with another sedan, so I opted to get a coupe and start with a blank canvas. Now it's been less than a year and I'm completely over it. I'm eagerly anticipating the release of the B8 A4 so I can dump this car and move on to my next project. In hindsight, I wish I'd have just gotten an A3 instead of the c coupe. Take your time and think it through.
If I had been able to talk them up on the value of the car I would have done that, even though I do really like the coupe and do plan on keeping it for a while. For the amount they were offering though, I didnt think I would be able to find a replacement that I liked enough. Im just 16, so I really just have the insurance money to work with. My dad bought me this car, but he isnt going to put any more money into it, this is my problem. If they dont go for this offer though, I will probably end up getting another car.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
If I had been able to talk them up on the value of the car I would have done that, even though I do really like the coupe and do plan on keeping it for a while. For the amount they were offering though, I didnt think I would be able to find a replacement that I liked enough. Im just 16, so I really just have the insurance money to work with. My dad bought me this car, but he isnt going to put any more money into it, this is my problem. If they dont go for this offer though, I will probably end up getting another car.
Good luck!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
that's actually a good idea if it works. otherwise before you hand the title to them make sure you salvage everything possible you can from the car that you want to keep or sell.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:32 PM

lorinser 02 c230
well, its been a while and i havnt done much with the car as ive been away for the summer, but heres whats going on now.
Geico didnt want to buy and new car and transfer the mods over, but they say they did recognize the fact that i should be able to get essentially the same car with the insurance money, so they offered to sell the wreck back to me for several thousand dollars cheaper than they originally had quoted. this was to good a deal to pass up, so the car is now sitting in my garage until i get back, and im looking for another c230 coupe now that i can put everything i want from the old car on, as well as any new goodies.

so if you know of c230 coupe, preferably 2.3L and silver so i can keep the engine mods and dont have to paint the body kit let me know.

and also il have stock parts coming off the new car for sale hopefully in the not-to-distant future, though il post those in the classifieds to, once i know exactly what il have
Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 PM

2003 C240 Classic
good luck!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
well, its been a while and i havnt done much with the car as ive been away for the summer, but heres whats going on now.
Geico didnt want to buy and new car and transfer the mods over, but they say they did recognize the fact that i should be able to get essentially the same car with the insurance money, so they offered to sell the wreck back to me for several thousand dollars cheaper than they originally had quoted. this was to good a deal to pass up, so the car is now sitting in my garage until i get back, and im looking for another c230 coupe now that i can put everything i want from the old car on, as well as any new goodies.

so if you know of c230 coupe, preferably 2.3L and silver so i can keep the engine mods and dont have to paint the body kit let me know.

and also il have stock parts coming off the new car for sale hopefully in the not-to-distant future, though il post those in the classifieds to, once i know exactly what il have
So you're saying that once you get the new car, they won't pay to transfer the mods? If you're not very handy, the labor could be quite expen$ive. Good luck with that!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
wow that sucks! the one and only full-lorinser coupe...smacked! =T
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL203, W211
sorry to hear that buddy, im glad your both safe and well.

I took my quater pannel into a tree spinning off on gravel in a national park, cots me 2,500 english pounds to fix, but well worth it.

P.S. Your interior is effing gorgeous.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203

if by some chance you're selling your drivers window.. i'll take it. my car was recently vandalized and mine is all scratched up. i can even come to roanoke and pick it up! i am planning to visit tech in the not so distant future. let me know bro!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
so basically they gave you the money value for the car being wrecked and then sold the salvaged titled car back to you for much less than they quoted for a wrecked parts car? if that's what you are saying then I think it's a pretty good deal since you now have a parts car for whole lot of projects.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 PM

lorinser 02 c230
i know advans, i know, but it will get resurrected, have faith

Originally Posted by FrankW
so basically they gave you the money value for the car being wrecked and then sold the salvaged titled car back to you for much less than they quoted for a wrecked parts car? if that's what you are saying then I think it's a pretty good deal since you now have a parts car for whole lot of projects.
thats basically it, so now i just need a car to start doing the projects on .

oh, and what do you guys think, i was thinking i should try to find another silver one so i dont have to paint the body kit, but that red interior might look pretty sick in a black car....i just dont know, input anyone?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
red would be pretty sick in Black cars.

you can find silver, white or black would all look pretty good with the interior.