C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Does anyone else think the coupes should have a seperate forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 09:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Lightbulb

PLEASE moderators, let's have separate forums for the sedan/wagons and the coupe. I think the interests, questions, and issues are separate enough between the two to warrant different forums.

For example, all the posts on lowering your car, various pulleys, etc. seem only to pertain to the coupe, not the sedan.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Sport Wagon
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Isn't the station wagon a 4 door coupe? I think there should be a seperate coupe forum as interests are different. Someone with a station wagon isn't going to be interested in high performance and handling and people with the coupe aren't going to interested in how many sheets of lumber fit in the back.
I think both of your propositions are incorrect. Performance and handling AND utility are why I bought the C320 wagon. Coupe may supply the first two, not much of the third and, IMHO, nothing for my esthetic sense. Porsche or CLK (or many other things) are more appealing to me than the coupe.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Anyone ever think of having a separate "modding" forum instead of separating the coupe & sedan? Except for the engine, most of the C coupe and sedan mechanicals/systems are the same and info for one usually applies to the other (except, of course, for the lack of one-touch close on the coupe sunroof ).

Last edited by MarkL; 10-09-2002 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C320 Bril Slvr,NAV
I believe that overall the Sedan owners have different goals than the Coupe
owners. I would rather not have to dig through a lot of posts that I feel of
no interest to the average sedan owner.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
I have an idea and it doesn't require any work from the forum owners. What if all the coupes move to www.csportcoupe.com and leave this forum for the sedans? I hate having to check both places and get the same info.
I agree im sick and tired of cheking bettween both. Since the c230coup.com is not that known??
Old 10-09-2002, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
this thread is hilarious.

"i'd never thought about it before, but now that you mention it, it's really annoying!"

Old 10-09-2002, 11:37 PM

c240
i think we should seperate c coupes from sedans
Old 10-09-2002, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
so, if we get split up, i assume we're going to the coupes/cabrio section? whoo hoo!

or is there going to be a new hatchback section? booooo
Old 10-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by njoyaz
I believe that overall the Sedan owners have different goals than the Coupe
owners. I would rather not have to dig through a lot of posts that I feel of
no interest to the average sedan owner.
That is exactly my point.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:29 AM

C230 K Coupe
Originally posted by MarkL
Except for the engine, most of the C coupe and sedan mechanicals/systems are the same and info for one usually applies to the other (except, of course, for the lack of one-touch close on the coupe sunroof ).
Very true. If some people don't want to know about adding a crankshaft pully, don't read the thread. Don't you all think its nice to know about the Audio 10, or wheel types, or suspension springs, or common car malfunctions? We'd all lose out if there wasn't the input from the larger sedan + coupe population.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally posted by who_dog
Very true. If some people don't want to know about adding a crankshaft pully, don't read the thread. Don't you all think its nice to know about the Audio 10, or wheel types, or suspension springs, or common car malfunctions? We'd all lose out if there wasn't the input from the larger sedan + coupe population.
Thats not it, lots of body modification, wheels, and interior stuff are completely different for the coupe and the sedan. I have gone into countless spoiler threads only to find info on the coupe which I have 0 interest in. It would help is sedan posts had (sedan) and coupe posts had (coupe). That would make things much easier, if only we could agree to get everyone to do that.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by gimpy
Thats not it, lots of body modification, wheels, and interior stuff are completely different for the coupe and the sedan. I have gone into countless spoiler threads only to find info on the coupe which I have 0 interest in. It would help is sedan posts had (sedan) and coupe posts had (coupe). That would make things much easier, if only we could agree to get everyone to do that.
i totally disagree. i personally have found that there's much more in common than there are differences; the exterior and interior modification threads that are coupe-specific are fairly easy to spot. if you don't like reading them, then don't.

finding any useful information on this forum involves using the search page anyway... i don't see how splitting the two categories into 2 forums accomplishes anything but subtracting from their total value.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:50 AM
Banned

Originally posted by session
i totally disagree. i personally have found that there's much more in common than there are differences; the exterior and interior modification threads that are coupe-specific are fairly easy to spot. if you don't like reading them, then don't.

finding any useful information on this forum involves using the search page anyway... i don't see how splitting the two categories into 2 forums accomplishes anything but subtracting from their total value.
Its like keeping the cl and s forums the same. The cars are built on the same platform, so why not? Same thing goes for the new E and the new CLK. The CLK is a 2 door E basically, why not keep them in the same forum? The difference are big enough to where there needs to be a seperate forum or the posts need to acnowledge which car they associate. The difference between the sedan and the coupe isnt like a bmw 330i and 330ci, its much bigger.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
does it really frustrate you to the point where you seriously want there to be two forums? i really don't see the need for all this mess. it's an annoyance sometimes, yes, but by no means does it justify splitting the crowd.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by Lynn
No other class has sedans and coupes since MB decided to make the S-class coupes a class of their own.

As a matter of fact, since the CLK is based on the C platform, they should be combined with us.

well they're all Mercedes so they should all be combined...????
Old 10-10-2002, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by Vince
There's already a forum just for the c coupe. It's called csportcoupe.com
now why can't they add the sedan to that...that's just not right...hehhehe
Old 10-10-2002, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I like the idea of a seperate performace "mod" forum for the kids. Other than that, I think the 2 should stay together.