C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Arghhhhhhhhh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Arghhhhhhhhh

It happened last Saturday - I was right there at the drive way about to make the right turn when my xcross street neighbour backed out from his into my front left.

I was no more then 10 MPH anh he was... i don't know but couldn't be that fast. The impact was hardly felt.

Here is the damage (to mine)

1. a palm size hole in the front bumper on driver side
2. the 2 head lites are out of join
3. 1/4 pannel with big dent at the head lite area and pushed back about 3mm to over lapping the door panel.
4. Front left wheel needs re-alignment
5. Wall on the wheel well is brushing against tire rubber.
6. The amber side marker was no where to be found.
7. A small scratch on the lense covers

To his : a palm sized dent on his old Civic CRX left rear bumper.

Brought to dealer body shop. Dealer refused to do an estimate before my insurrance can come up with one on its own. So I left the C-Coupe there.

He said - "look like a 3 weeks and 24 hundreds of damage from here". He said likely to cost more once he opened it up but has to wait for my ins adjuster to show up first Goshhh... That is a lot of money for such a minor incident.

As for the loaner - My dealer gave me a...smile when I asked for one. Got a Maxima SE for a loaner from Enterprise (my ins courtesy).

I thought we have a strong and tough car but it does not seem like one from my experience

Wish I have a digital cam for sharing pictures...

Will keep you guys posted with the final costs and time involved.

Peace

Last edited by Benzer; 10-10-2002 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:53 PM
JeT

Re: Arghhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by Benzer

I thought we have a strong and tough car but it does not seem like one from my experience

Wish I have a digital cam for sharing pictures...

Will keep you guys posted with the final costs and time involved.

Peace
The perils of having a MB! Actually, while minor accidents will inevitably be more expensive than the normal car, if you were in a major accident, that's where your money will be well spent....hopefully!
Old 10-10-2002, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
yeah look at me. I got rear-ended by an oil tanker truck and lived to tell abou it. He hit me doing an estimated 40-45mph. Did around 12 grand damage. I was ok, a little wiplash but ok.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:21 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Unhappy

I used to have neighbors like that. I am a cautious driver and parker. I find that if I would of parked in the street, my neighbor would back out and hit me. It would of been his fault but my stupidy... think about it.

Now for the best one... I always park my cars in the garage. One day I parked my new Explorer on the my side of the driveway. I told my wife several times as she was heading out the door " watch for my truck, it is in the driveway". You guessed it. She backed out her new car and side swiped my truck.

End result... one accident in my driveway knocked out both of our cars. I didn't even let the Ins Co. know and shelled out cash to repair both vehicles.

Now who was stupid me or my wife ?????
Old 10-11-2002, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by Rainers
I used to have neighbors like that. I am a cautious driver and parker. I find that if I would of parked in the street, my neighbor would back out and hit me. It would of been his fault but my stupidy... think about it.

Now for the best one... I always park my cars in the garage. One day I parked my new Explorer on the my side of the driveway. I told my wife several times as she was heading out the door " watch for my truck, it is in the driveway". You guessed it. She backed out her new car and side swiped my truck.

End result... one accident in my driveway knocked out both of our cars. I didn't even let the Ins Co. know and shelled out cash to repair both vehicles.

Now who was stupid me or my wife ?????
dude - I shouldn't say this but...typical woman driver..hehhe...seriously, its MORE her fault than yours...you DID WARN her to watch out for it !!!!!!! what more can you do !!!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
My wife and I seem to constantly bang our cars together. That's what happens when we insist on fitting two cars in a one car garage. Damage has been slight scuffs that easily polish out (so far).