C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

time to give up and dump the C320 ???!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Dan you are soooo right, a Licoln just like the jag make up 2 out of the top for most dependable brands making the Lincoln the #1 U.S. brand for dependability. I really wish our cars would hold up as well as Lincolns, Jags, Infinitis and Lexuses. Pretty bad when Cadillac is built better than an MB....

http://www.jdpa.com/studies_jdpower/...ID=585&CatID=1
It's Worse !!! We are even behind Porsche !!!
Old 10-12-2002, 02:29 PM

2001 C240 6spd
This is my first MB vehicle and so far I am pleased with my choice. As far as some of the other makers - Lexus is still a Toyota; Acura is still a Honda; and Infinti is still a Nissan. I think people here in the US would think twice about driving a $60,000 Toyota LS430 - but put Lexus in front of it and it may legitimize the purchase - more for status. My uncle and cousin in Japan both have a Toyota Crown - equivalent to the Lexus LS400 (prior to the 430). And they are great cars. In Japan, the 'Lexus' model is actually the ES model -since it is imported from the US. Sometimes I think buying a car is like finding a girlfriend/boyfriend/mate - you get awed by the outside; take it for a test drive; get wowed!; and then purchase the car - then find out the little quirks as you get more into the relationship. I dont want to over generalize dating and buying a car - but I think you have to put up with some of the problems/quirks that comes with your purchase. I have taken my C240 into the dealer more times in this first year of ownership than when I had my 4Runner or Tahoe. Each had their share of problems, but it seem that my Benz has a few more the first year so far. But, I knew that was a possibility going into the dealership before I purchased the car. Frustrated or not - be happy with your choice and if you are not - you are free to go out and purchase another - it gets expensive after awhile though - you know.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
The G35 is a big wow in performance but nothing to brag about for the interior (my taste of course).
Ditto! The interior of the IS300 looks like any other Jap. car (doors are paper thin). The interior of the G35 looks like it would be outdated very quickly (just as anything that tries to look "trendy"), whereas the interior of my C240 looks modern, yet classic. I guess I'd call it "timeless"
Old 10-12-2002, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Originally posted by shtatc
As far as some of the other makers - Lexus is still a Toyota; Acura is still a Honda; and Infinti is still a Nissan
Not to start a flame war, but the same thing always comes to my mind when i see this statement (and i see it alot in this forum)... "Is there any japanese cars out there that are any good then?" <//------this goes out to the peeps who always mention this. IMO, maybe its JUST a Toyota (a car that sells to the middle class here in the U.S) but hey in Japan, they keep the name Toyota cuz there is no need to be embarrased to buy a 60k TOYOTA. Toyota, Nissan and Honda is already respectable car manufacture in other parts of the world. It seems like only us people in the US who see it otherwise. I dunno what im really trying to point out here, but i hope you guys kinda understand what im saying.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Guess I'm just lucky. No problems and accelerates quite rapidly.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Banned

2001 C240
I blame it on computers.....

I love my car, but occasionally things happen. Sometimes I just need to 'reboot' the car. I am sure this will happen to more brands as they become more computerized (can you say Microsoft?).

I had my share of problems at first, but the good outweighs the bad (replace radio antenna module because of crappy reception, glove box didn't work right, other stupid stuff). What has really helped is the dealer. Since this is the second car I bought from them and they service it, they bend over backwards to accomodate me - loan me E320, ML320, SLK230, for as long as they hold on to my car. If I can't get back to them during their service hours, no problem, go the following day or leave my car keys with a salesman. I always believe it is worth a few hundred dollars more in the purchase price to buy your car from the dealership where you plan to get it serviced, they will have a vested interest in you so that you will buy from them again.

Every manufacturer can make a lemon. My bother-in-law had a bad ES300. If you are who I think you are, you bought your car used and out of state. Maybe you didn't get the true reason the owner sold the car.....

Last edited by Keista; 10-13-2002 at 11:08 AM.