C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

HID H7 Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is @ Home
HID H7 Install

Don't think we have a detailed thread about installing an HID kit or atlease I haven't seen one. But here is one. The kit I used is a Siemens brand and its an H7 5000k, I purchased it from Dave, a sponsor I dealt with from another forum. Th kit is plug and play, no mods necessary and it does not throw any xenon error messages. Here is his website DistantXtremes, the kit is not listed on his site but contact him and I'm sure he'll give you a good price and answer any questions you may have, tell him Tangerine sent you

#1 - Open the hood

#2 - Locate the back of the headlamp and remove the plastic covering, it should be the larger one out of the two.

#3 - Remove old bulb by pushing into the metal clip and moving it to the left side. This is what it should look like once the bulb is removed.

#4 - Insert the two terminals into the black plug from the car's harness.

#5 - Connect the other connectors to test out the kit.

#6 - Test pic, looks like stock but its daytime.

#7 - Mounting the ballasts, I mounted the left one onto the windshield fluid bottle.

And the right one behind the headlamp wrapped in soft materials.

I plan to drill holes on the plastic coverings as well as find a permanent location for mounting the ballasts. Install took me about 10 minutes for both sides.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
i think the reason why there is on DIY explanation on how to install HID kits is because its almost self explanatory. most of the kits even come with instructions. the only question that some people have is: where to mount the ballasts/ignitors. anyways.. it was nice of you to put this up... but i don't think it says very much.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 PM

Is @ Home
Originally Posted by midnight kompre
i think the reason why there is on DIY explanation on how to install HID kits is because its almost self explanatory. most of the kits even come with instructions. the only question that some people have is: where to mount the ballasts/ignitors. anyways.. it was nice of you to put this up... but i don't think it says very much.
I sorta figured that out, but some people like me are more visual and would rather see pictures than reading

The install was simple and easy, came with instructions but there were some things not mentioned in the writeup/instructions. Like how you would need to modify the plastic covering (if wanted), and snaking the rear of the bulb connectors to fit through the metal clips.

Off topic but how come you have a CRX on the rear?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:26 PM

'07 C230 SS
hey i was wondering if you could re-upload those pics or if someone could show some i was just curious as to placement of the box and drilling of the cap to make sure it doesnt leak or have the bulb moving around. Just got my settin set to xenon so i want to set the bulbs up