C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CRAZY cd changer

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' ML350
CRAZY cd changer

Hi!

Ive got an Audio10 controlling my car's Factory 6 disc CD Changer. I havent used my changer for a couple of months...maybe 6 months or more, now, recently, when i got some new cds...my stereo displayed NO CD 1-6. So i had it checked and came out that some mechanicals inside the changer were out of alignment...so the tech aligned it, and everything went fine after that.

now, after about a week or more.....when i loaded my cds, the stereo now displayed NO CD, as if a CD changer wasnt present, but u can hear and see the cd changer loading the cds! but no play. and the audio 10 will just resume playing its FM band. and worse thing is that....the fibre optic loop seems to be connected with my car phone, so once the cd changer is disconnected, the car phone wouldnt work. This thing is happening erratically...sometimes it works, sometimes not...so my car phone is also doin d same thing! Its like the changer is loading the cds, and yet, is not able to read them! thus displaying a no cd message.

You have to press the CD button several times, somtimes it works okay, sometimes it takes more than six tries or more to work, and sometimes, it wouldnt work at all.

Any help??? any opinions or similar experiences???

This is the worst Cd changer ive had.....imagine, u dont even have to use it for it to break. duhhhhh....
Old 10-16-2002, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Perhaps one of the fiber optic cables has a sharp bend.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Almost a Member!

C230k Coupe
I have the same problem w/ the stock head unit so im not sure its because of the audio 10, if you find out the problem let me know
Old 10-16-2002, 02:08 PM

1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300TE
the cd/phone/radio /teleaid are all on a fiber optic netwrok ring,it has to beprogrammed correctly for everthing to work correctly .
if an aftermarket radio shop installed the cd or a tech just rushed through it,and did not hook the car up to the laptop to program,it will not work intermittently.

of course it may need a new cd changer unit too.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:45 PM

Like Crazy
my first guess would be that there is a bend on the fiber optic loop somewhere when you took it out. did you take it out?or did you have someone remove it for you? if you went to an audio shop there in manila, i know that the installers have heavy hands and tend to bend wires all over the place. but then again i may be wrong.

next would be is that the changer might be messed up from opening the thing up. because i know electronic technicians in the philippines open stuff up without reading the diagram or manual.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
I assume that everybody knows that if you press the CD button once, it activates the in-dash CD player; to activate the CD changer, you have to press the CD button again. Sometimes it takes some time for the changer to react - I guess it has to load the disc, position the head etc. If the Audio 10 is in the FM mode, you need to press the CD button twice - then it goes directly to the changer. Again, this is just in case there is any confusion as to how to select sound sources.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
My changer just stopped working. I get the No CD 1-6 message that Bruno had. It seems jammed as it no longer loads the CDs once you insert the magazine.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:21 PM

07' ML350
hey Avlis,

i think urs have the same problem as mine at first. its just a simple case of mechanical disalignment inside your changer, thus, the cd mechanicals is not able to align with the magazine, so...cds cannot be retrieved. Just have it re-aligned.

but mines a special case, cause after the tech re-aligned my cd mechanicals, his hand slipped and accidentally cut the flexible wire inside!!!!!!!!!!! now, i just shipped my changer back to Alpine to have the flex wire replaced, coz the "replacement flex wire" he installed, "twisted, and snapped inside" w/c caused all the subsequent problems i had after the initial repair. Duhhhh...