C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Fog light is loose again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light is loose again

2004 C230K Sedan

The passenger side foglight continues to fall out and lay in the undercarriage. I've turned the wheels to the left and accessed the fender many times to put it back, but it continues to fall out. What screw actually keeps the foglight in place?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
There should be two screws holding the foglamp assembly (plastic bracket and glass face clipped on, bulb inserted in rear of bracket) in. The inboard side screw is slightly higher than the bulb, and the outboard side screw is slightly lower than the bulb. Both screws get installed pointing upward. If your assembly is falling out it must be these two screws, though I would find that pretty surprising. If your bulb is falling out of the foglamp assembly, there must be something wrong with the bulb holder or the back face of the assembly, or you just haven't rotated the holder fully to lock it in place. If you have more detail, feel free to include it and someone can add info.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 AM

C300. FJ Cruiser, 370Z
Originally Posted by HeyD
2004 C230K Sedan

The passenger side foglight continues to fall out and lay in the undercarriage. I've turned the wheels to the left and accessed the fender many times to put it back, but it continues to fall out. What screw actually keeps the foglight in place?

Thanks

That happens to me too.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:37 AM

Fixed it

Don't know how, but the two bolts on each side of the fog light case housing were missing. Don't know if there 8mm or what size, but does anyone know? They are vertical bolts (sorry couldn't describe a robber if I tried). The fog light is intact, it just keeps coming loose from the housing.

P.S. Its the two screws pointing upwards that I need to replace. Thanks

Last edited by HeyD; 07-24-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
that happend to me once already the same side also passenger side. i have the dealer fix it for free and than now it looks right but when i wash my car and use the wash mitt i can feel that the foglight is still very loose....
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

'03 C240 (the Mrs daily commute)
Originally Posted by HeyD
Don't know how, but the two bolts on each side of the fog light case housing were missing. Don't know if there 8mm or what size, but does anyone know?
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
that happend to me once already the same side also passenger side. i have the dealer fix it for free and than now it looks right but when i wash my car and use the wash mitt i can feel that the foglight is still very loose....
YES, them fog light housing mounting bolts are 8mm... temporary fix would be adding epoxy to the thread, though I've permanently addressed this recurring headache on the Mrs commute car by replacing both bolts with a 10/32 (fine thread) tapping screws... STILL holding up