C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sirius SAT Fiber Hook up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Sirius SAT Fiber Hook up?

Need some assistance, please:

Well, after getting my NAV unit retrofit complete in my 2004 C230 sedan, I started tackling the retrofit of the factory Sirius SAT system. I installed the Receiver, and then started tracing the Fiber as per the MBZ instructions. Well their instructions did not cover my car as it does not have the telephone option installed. So my fiber cables travel into the middle of the car (presumably the center tunnel). So I have a few questions if anyone much more experienced would care to answer:

are the connections that I have to make in the rear of the passenger compartment or are they in the front of the compartment?

My car has connectors labeled SDAR and SDAR 1 near the receiver, I use SDAR, but what does the SDAR 1 cable do for me?

Once I determine where the other fiber connections are to be made, and I apply power, the system should be configured by the dealer, correct?, besides just configuring the car for satellite on the ring, is there anything esle?

Does anyone know where I can find the instructions for cars without the telephone system installed?

I want to try to get as much as possible accomplished before I take it in to have the dealer go into it.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Nuru; 08-22-2007 at 12:27 PM.