C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

another COMAND question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
another COMAND question!

for those with COMAND, can you input specific lats and longs as far getting directions or does it have to be an exact address. also does it make a difference for those with COMAND in NA vs. UK and Europe. thanks!
Old 10-27-2002, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yes you can put in locations using longitude and latitude. Consult your manual for details.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K
I’ve only used my COMAND system in the US, I don’t know if it’s different in other parts of the world. The destination inputs available are: 1) enter address; 2) select from map; 3) choose from list of “points of interest” in a city (e.g. airport, mall); 4) go to a memorized destination on a list you’ve created; and 5) chose one of the last 12 destinations you’ve been to. The route map will show your latitude, longitude and the number of satellites the system is seeing if it doesn’t need the space to give street names.

I wish I could tell you it’s easy but it’s not. It would really help if you could talk to it like you can the CD and phone. The manual on COMAND runs 227 pages and is not an easy read. I treat this system like a challenge that I must overcome. When it works, it’s delightful and useful, when it doesn’t it’s frustrating and really annoying. (I paid that much for THIS!!!?!)

I saw a C230K in your color last December in El Paso. I thought it looked very good in person - much better than it does in photos. If you come to North County you’ll be easy for me to spot!

Dave
Old 10-27-2002, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Silver_Lana
Yes you can put in locations using longitude and latitude. Consult your manual for details.
thanx! ill consult my manual when the car arrives!
Old 10-27-2002, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Oh, Ryan
I’ve only used my COMAND system in the US, I don’t know if it’s different in other parts of the world. The destination inputs available are: 1) enter address; 2) select from map; 3) choose from list of “points of interest” in a city (e.g. airport, mall); 4) go to a memorized destination on a list you’ve created; and 5) chose one of the last 12 destinations you’ve been to. The route map will show your latitude, longitude and the number of satellites the system is seeing if it doesn’t need the space to give street names.

I wish I could tell you it’s easy but it’s not. It would really help if you could talk to it like you can the CD and phone. The manual on COMAND runs 227 pages and is not an easy read. I treat this system like a challenge that I must overcome. When it works, it’s delightful and useful, when it doesn’t it’s frustrating and really annoying. (I paid that much for THIS!!!?!)

I saw a C230K in your color last December in El Paso. I thought it looked very good in person - much better than it does in photos. If you come to North County you’ll be easy for me to spot!

Dave
thanks for the help. im anticipating the arrival of my car, but from people have told me about COMAND im nervous about using that. j/k. i dont get up to north county very often, just when i head up to L.A. to see my parents. so if you ever spot me it will be me on the 15.