C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 07:17 AM
moomeh

Exclamation light

is anyone having problems with the light for the mirror (not side/door mirrors.....i'm talking about the mirrors for checking face, hair, etc). the passenger side works, but the driving side isn't. does anyone know if this is covered by warranty? i have a c240.

btw, this is my first post ever! not only on this forum, but in my entire life.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:13 AM
JeT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: light

Originally posted by moomeh
is anyone having problems with the light for the mirror (not side/door mirrors.....i'm talking about the mirrors for checking face, hair, etc). the passenger side works, but the driving side isn't. does anyone know if this is covered by warranty? i have a c240.

btw, this is my first post ever! not only on this forum, but in my entire life.
Welcome moomeh...it may just be a blown bulb. Regardless, if you take it to your dealer, it will be covered by warranty.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
i had an issue with mine, dealer fixed. just a blown bulb
Old 10-27-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 GLK250 Diesel
Mirror lights

We thought one of ours was not functioning, until I realized that the small electrical connection pieces embedded in the visor were not making good contact with their counterparts in the visor clip.

This is difficult to describe without pictures [no, I don't have a digital camera], but the light has to have juice that is provided by two strips that are in the attachment where the visor clips to the headliner. If the visor is not perfectly aligned, even a little bit, these will not contact and the light can't get juice.

Ours was also the driver's side, because every time you pull the visor out of the clip and move it to the side window to block the sun, you take the risk that it won't be completely realigned properly when you bring it back over the windshield and clip it. Just make sure it is pushed all the way back [not out on the slide even a little] when you re-clip the visor facing front.

Take a look - I think you'll see what I mean. My personal wager is that this is your problem, not a burned out lamp.

And yes, if there is a genuine problem, the dealer will be happy to fix it under warranty...

Last edited by jrct9454; 10-27-2002 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:47 AM
moomeh

it was misaligned. it now works! thanks!