C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

oyster leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 11:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oyster leather

Hey guys...
for those who got the oyster leather option, is it really hard to keep clean?. I mean, this colours seem to be alot lighter than java leather and other sand beige interiors. I haven't seen oyster leather in real life and was wondering what colour the carpet comes with? You could also post pictures of your oyster leather interior if you have it!..
thanks in advance!
-Limited Edition
Old 01-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Howdy Ltd. Ed.:
I have The Oyster interior, but I am curious as to what the answer is. I was really afraid at first to get it, but after sitting in the driver's seat of each, it was not hard for me to make a decision. I liked the way the Oyster highlighted and complimented the interior. I have been treating it per the "Fine Rug Cleaning Directions"....(the best way to keep it looking good is to not get it dirty in the first place!) I did get the MB rubber mats as the carpeted mats are also very light. Regardless of which color you choose, I suggest sitting in the seats of choice and looking at what you would be getting first. I was going to post some pics anyway when the weather gets better and I will include the interior, but I do not think it will do justice as seeing it in real life.
Hope you find what you like.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320, Carrera S
I have the Oyster interior and like it lot. I get a lot sun in the summer so the light interior helps to keep the gar cool.

As for dirt etc. it is really no worse than other light colors.

Just use a good quality cleaner e.g. Meguirs for the single bottle guys or preferably Lexol for the two bottle treatment. You really need to do this anyway to keep the leather soft.