C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Navigation 2007.1 Problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 03:49 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Navigation 2007.1 Problems?

I just got the 2007.1 navigation DVD (I had a 2004.1 that came with my '06 but moving on...)... So, finally my new house is on the map (I am in a development that was only 4 yrs old and I was offroading everytime I was home)...

My problem is -- I tried it out today going to work, and it thought that my particular office number of main street was in fact not on MAIN street but some other road like 5 minutes away!? When I got the new disc, I just stuck it in, and it did its "updating software" screen on my nav for a few minutes and started working... is there something else I have to do for some sort of calibration? I'll try it out on my way home to see if it, well, gets me home!

Anyone else have troubles like this with the 2007.1 disc or older disc and get this resolved? I hope this is an isolated incident, because I rely on my navigation system and the fact it messed up my office address is a little disconcerting for future long distance trips throughout kingdom come...

Thanks folks!
- Eric
Old 09-25-2007 | 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by dalazernet
I just got the 2007.1 navigation DVD (I had a 2004.1 that came with my '06 but moving on...)... So, finally my new house is on the map (I am in a development that was only 4 yrs old and I was offroading everytime I was home)...

My problem is -- I tried it out today going to work, and it thought that my particular office number of main street was in fact not on MAIN street but some other road like 5 minutes away!? When I got the new disc, I just stuck it in, and it did its "updating software" screen on my nav for a few minutes and started working... is there something else I have to do for some sort of calibration? I'll try it out on my way home to see if it, well, gets me home!

Anyone else have troubles like this with the 2007.1 disc or older disc and get this resolved? I hope this is an isolated incident, because I rely on my navigation system and the fact it messed up my office address is a little disconcerting for future long distance trips throughout kingdom come...

Thanks folks!
- Eric
Mine acted the same way when I updated. It took a power-off cycle to come up, but the system sort of worked from that point. Sort of means that it won't use any highway with a carpool lane in a route. It freaks out if I get on such a highway with guidance on. It orders me off and says" "Caution. Tire-restricted traffic." If my SA can't figure it out, I'm going to have to go back.
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:24 PM

2006 SLK 280
I have heard of many issues with the command centre and think i will wait till i get another benz.....
Old 09-25-2007 | 07:32 PM

2007 C350 6M
I have had absolutely no issues from my NAV and use it practically every trip. It finds the home everytime and even tells me which side of the street it's on. I drove from Cleveland, OH to my home in Sarasota, FL and it was perfect the entire time. I even used the POI to find interesting restaurants or certain gas stations along the way. I've never had an instance where I typed in someones address and it did anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:05 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Good news all! My navigation successfully got me to RadioShack and my house... the problem was: None of my stored locations work properly -- so I simply have to re-save each of them and it'll be just fine. I guess its a minor incompatibility between the 2004.1 and 2007.1 map discs/software...

- Eric