C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Huge Dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K
Huge Dilemma

Ok, so a while ago I bring my car to this new Independent shop here in S. Florida. Guy is supposedly a master mercedes technician, very friendly, great prices, has all the certification from Mbenz, well once before while doing service he said I had oil leak and there were drip marks on the pan. Then a month ago doing service B he noticed I did not have the leak fixed yet. So today I finall bring it in to Mercedes of Miami since it is under warranty. They call me up telling me there is no oil leak, not even drip marks on the pan. I saw drip marks on the pan myself before!!!!! So what do I do? service guy said he will check now to see if car is burning oil since I have had to fill up before the oil. Also, he says my front brake pads need to be replaced ASAP. I called the independent guy about this and he said when he check them 2k miles ago i still had 1/3 of them left!!!!! so what do I do, find a third place? maybe some other large dealership? need advice
Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
360 FORGED
Originally Posted by Rzrlp
Ok, so a while ago I bring my car to this new Independent shop here in S. Florida. Guy is supposedly a master mercedes technician, very friendly, great prices, has all the certification from Mbenz, well once before while doing service he said I had oil leak and there were drip marks on the pan. Then a month ago doing service B he noticed I did not have the leak fixed yet. So today I finall bring it in to Mercedes of Miami since it is under warranty. They call me up telling me there is no oil leak, not even drip marks on the pan. I saw drip marks on the pan myself before!!!!! So what do I do? service guy said he will check now to see if car is burning oil since I have had to fill up before the oil. Also, he says my front brake pads need to be replaced ASAP. I called the independent guy about this and he said when he check them 2k miles ago i still had 1/3 of them left!!!!! so what do I do, find a third place? maybe some other large dealership? need advice
Who's the independent guy? I need someone to do my 10k mile service, the dealer wants like a million dollars. And as far as your problem, I'd listen to the dealer, but get it in writing just in case.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K
Originally Posted by cls63
Who's the independent guy? I need someone to do my 10k mile service, the dealer wants like a million dollars. And as far as your problem, I'd listen to the dealer, but get it in writing just in case.
he is Prestige Mercedes Services in Hallandale, 954-964-8122