C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

In-Dash CD Player "Malfunction"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe
In-Dash CD Player "Malfunction"?

Hi.

I bought an aunthentic MB in-dash CD player (like the ones sold in the European-specs Cs) for my C-230 K. I installed it today, and everything went well. the CD works well, and so does the radoio. The controls on the steering also work. BUT... the message center on the dash is displaying "1 Malfunction." Any ideas?? How can I find out what that malfunction is? Do I have to take it to the dealer for that? I know I plugged in all the wires. What's weird is that, as I mentioned, everything works. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help and/or advice.

Juan
Old 11-01-2002, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you start the car it will tell you what the malfunction is. After that use the steering wheel controls to page through the malfunctions. Do you have a car with Teleaid and it's not activated yet?
Old 11-02-2002, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
Press the up and down arrow. When you are on the malfunction menu. That should work
Old 11-02-2002, 09:51 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
I will try that, Mercedes . Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how it goes. Buellwinkle, no, I do not have TeleAid.

Thanks for the responses... I will keep you guys updated.

Juan
Old 11-02-2002, 10:07 AM

May I make a suggestion, reset the loop!
Old 11-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
OK, guys, here it goes... and this one is embarassing.

When I started the car, the message center displayed "No Malfunction." When I went to the Malfunciton menu, and pressed either the up or down buttons, it only displayed the "Reserve Fuel. Please Visit Filling Station" message. (Yes, the car was indeed low in gas.) So... I went to the "Filling Station," and filled up the tank.

Apparently, when your gasoline level dips to that level where the "Visit a Filling Station" message appears, the computer considers that a "Malfunction." So, yes, the Malfunction has been resolved. DUH! I am so sorry... I had no idea.

Thanks for the responses and tips! I really appreciate it.

Juan
Old 11-02-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Kaefer

When I started the car, the message center displayed "No Malfunction." When I went to the Malfunciton menu, and pressed either the up or down buttons, it only displayed the "Reserve Fuel. Please Visit Filling Station" message. (Yes, the car was indeed low in gas.) So... I went to the "Filling Station," and filled up the tank.

Apparently, when your gasoline level dips to that level where the "Visit a Filling Station" message appears, the computer considers that a "Malfunction." So, yes, the Malfunction has been resolved. DUH! I am so sorry... I had no idea.

Juan

Not embarrassing, just a learning experience, everyone benefits.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
Originally posted by Kaefer

Juan
Dont worry the same thing happend to me:p
Old 11-02-2002, 12:47 PM
JeT

Isn't running the car until the tank is nearly empty bad for the fuel injector? I was told that the sediment at the bottom of the tank may stuff up the system...is this true?
Old 11-02-2002, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
I dont know if it is. Then i should stop doing that