C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Your First Mercedes - C Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 S550, CLS500, ‘03 SL500, “92 190E Sportline
i know what it's like

Originally Posted by sludge
I looked for my car for about 6 months before I found it. I wanted a 2003 sedan in super clean condition, in red or midnight blue. Oh, and it had to have the right price of course. Our son was about to be born, so I wanted the red kompressor for the sportiness, and the 4-door for the daddiness.

I bought my red 2003 C230k sedan used near the end of 2006. It was a previous corporate lease vehicle, and it looked like it had barely been driven- a 3.5 year old car with 27K miles. It had been CPO'd by Mercedes a couple months before I bought it, and they had it listed for $26K. Well, it bounced around the Crown dealerships in FL but I guess they couldn't sell it for that price. Eventually, they put at their Audi dealer and dropped the CPO guarantee, and I got it for a little over $19K (I tried to get the CPO back for that price, but there was no way). But, I knew that the car had just been certified, so it was good peace of mind for me. The car looked and ran like brand new. I was tickled to death. Especially since I checked out MANY C230's and resisted the temptation and stuck with my beater until I found the right one. My wife, on the other hand, bought the first car that she went to see last year (not a Benz), and she's hates it and is trying to get rid of it a year later.

It was and still is amazing to drive. After a year, I still actually look forward to driving to work every morning.
I know how that must have felt to search and search for the particular car you wanted. Even when I wanted the Acura TL, I kept searching, so many automatics, and if I found a six speed it was either a color I didn't like, or a year model I didn't want. Sooooooo glad that I didn't get a TL. I'm not only getting a much better vehicle, but I'm saving money too. When I was looking for a c230 Sedan it wasn't easy to find one without either having high mileage, too far away, or without a sunroof, or not a color I wanted. Now, after searching, I finally found a great one. It's even got AMG rims and 14" rotors, 4-piston calipers, bose, etc...so it was worth the wait. If I didn't find this car, I don't know if I would have found one by now.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
2001 C w203 v6 320, sold after 7000 miles P O S one problem after another.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 AM

2013 S550, CLS500, ‘03 SL500, “92 190E Sportline
Had to revive this thread

I had posted this thread, and just wanted to add that I picked up my 2003 c230 Sedan last Friday. I am loving it, (or at least I was), I had it for about 3 days, and now I am on vacation...even though I do not miss the cold weather in New York, I miss my car...I love the precision in the steering, the handling, the effortless acceleration, the feedback from other people, (they love it too), the xenons, the rims, the brakes, lol, etc. etc...all in all I love the car...........