C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pics of the KLEEMANN in my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
who the hell cares about a plastic engine cover??????? does that make a company bad even if they dont put one one? its not like the plastic engine covers that comes stock on MB's are gold plated.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Im gonna make a custom carbon fiber cover. Hehe.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by BrabusCClass
thats a great idea.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
cover

Originally posted by BrabusCClass
Make one (non-removable) for SloCal240's keyboard while you're at it
Old 11-08-2002, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 SLK-280
Are you kidding?

Is he really comparing Volkswagen to Mercedes? I don't know him so I didn't know if he was kidding or not.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Re: Are you kidding?

Originally posted by DougandhisC280
Is he really comparing Volkswagen to Mercedes? I don't know him so I didn't know if he was kidding or not.
He's not kidding...he's really a Jackass...<----good movie!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by SoCal240/6
No.

BTW, your Hatchback is a really ugly color.
SoCal240/6... This remark is not called for, and is not appropriate. This is an official warning. Please consult your Terms of Use...
Old 11-08-2002, 01:12 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
I have consulted the Terms of Use.

I did not see anywhere where my expression of my opinion on the color of someone's car violates the Terms of Use.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 SLK-280
I hope SoCal240/6 reads this

I can't believe the stuff you're saying on here. You have a picture of a Volkswagen next to a picture of a C Class Coupe. Are both of these yours? Why do you say VW rules? Especially when you are referring to the year of Volkswagen in the picture. In the early 90's Volkswagen was Germany's punching bag. Their cars were cheap, build quality was sub-par, their little four-bangers were dog slow (even for being mounted to a go-cart), and they look like Yugos!!! Now you're on here talking about a red wire in an engine bay. WHO CARES!!! It's just a red wire that had to be lengthened and moved! You're also talking about a cover for the supercharger and blower. Why? Does the engine bay really need another piece of plastic? You didn't even ask about the horsepower that it made. If all you care about is looks then I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're the type of person that puts looks before power. Do you have Oettinger stickers all over your VW? He could probably sell his Kleemann supercharger and buy 4 of your VW's. Do you even have a Mercedes? Are you even old enough to drive? Please put the pacifier back in your mouth and leave this forum.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:51 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Corado G60 was fast, but unrealiable as crap.

BrabusCClass, I never know the cover would still fit after the kleemann s/c installed. isn't there a kleemann mark on top of the s/c? why not just show that? it would look better.

Can SoCal240/6 be more negative?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
I have consulted the Terms of Use.

I did not see anywhere where my expression of my opinion on the color of someone's car violates the Terms of Use.
From the Terms of Use...

"You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

In this particular case, I believe your remark out of the blue about someone's car is patently "Harassing," possibly seen as "abusive" by the receiving party, and provoking of an argument. Further, IMO, your current signature is meant to be "defamatory" to all members who drive the C-Coupe, and given the intentional nature of it also "harassing" and confrontational, at minimum and possibly "hateful," as well.

Be advised, I am not the only moderator with these views regarding your posts of late.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 11-08-2002 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Give 'em Hell, MB-BOB! SoCal240/6 needs to take his trash talkin' to some public board on usenet! It looks like his has no respect for the people or rules on this forum
Old 11-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
You've got to be kidding, right?

"Provoking an argument" - ooooh, what a horrible thing! We all should agree on everything. Kumbayas all around!

I've never been hateful, harrassing, abusive or defamatory. Just expressing opinions and clarifying FACTS. Period.

Compare anything I've written to just a few posts by others, just in the last few days alone, that you have not commented on or warned about:

"He's not kidding...he's really a Jackass" (that is so abusive and hateful, and defamatory, too. I am really hurt).

"nice job butchering a nice car"

"wow! that's craptastic"

"These people should be deported! Damn that is uglier than ANY ricer I've ever seen. I think we should email the owner of that site and tell em how we feel. This is a sad day for mankind." (Throwing in a little "these people" and "deported" racism - nice!)

"SoCal240 is just mad that he now has one of the slowest benz's in the forum." (Defaming the speed (or lack thereof) of my poor C240! So hateful!)

"SoCal has a teenie weenie and his momma didn't pay him enough attention. He never has anything but negative comments and he should keep his fukin mouth shut. Punk *** BIATCH!!!" (Love that one!)

"Whatever you do, don't go to Nelson Honda in El Monte. Those guys are the world's biggest asses." (Now there's some potential defamation!)

"btw that is fugly, why would i want to make my car into a Toyota!"

"Damn that tail is ugly! Looks like a chair where little children can be forced to sit while daddy goes 100mph on the freeway."

So, you see, the internet is a place where people express their opinions, discuss/argue about things, etc. Lot of it even goes on here. The above is just from the last few days. There are literally hundreds of posts by others here expressing strong opinions on a variety of things. Big deal.

Don't be such a crybaby. All I've ever done is express honest opinions (usually backed by proven facts that can't really be argued with - maybe that's what some people are annoyed by), and set straight a lot of mistaken "facts," and call out a few people when they have tried to pass incredibly fake stories as the truth.

Finally, how is my signature "hateful"? Its just a picture of two cars - they are what they are. I've had several VWs, they were great cars.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by MB-BOB
From the Terms of Use...

"You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

In this particular case, I believe your remark out of the blue about someone's car is patently "Harassing," possibly seen as "abusive" by the receiving party, and provoking of an argument. Further, IMO, your current signature is meant to be "defamatory" to all members who drive the C-Coupe, and given the intentional nature of it also "harassing" and confrontational, at minimum and possibly "hateful," as well.

Be advised, I am not the only moderator with these views regarding your posts of late.
I'm not a moderator, but since this is being discussed in an open forum, I like to say that I completely agree. This appears to be the purpose of 90% (perhaps I'm even being generous here) of his posts.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:32 PM
moomeh

this is funny stuff

Old 11-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Re: I hope SoCal240/6 reads this

Originally posted by DougandhisC280

Do you have Oettinger stickers all over your VW? He could probably sell his Kleemann supercharger and buy 4 of your VW's. Do you even have a Mercedes? Are you even old enough to drive? Please put the pacifier back in your mouth and leave this forum.
You are very hateful, abusive and defamatory. Making fun of me, my VW, and my dire financial condition.

MB-BOB, please give him an "official" warning (an "unofficial" one won't do). He has hurt my feelings.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:49 PM

Sorry but I agree with SoCal - If the picture shown the final product then it is indeed sloppy. It reminds me of my Volvo 760 with all the wires hanging out there.

For 10K I do expect a better solution. THis is a Kleemann installation. Even my local grease monkey would at least try to do something with that wire.

Sorry Dont mean to rain on your parade.

Peace

10 Grand is a lot to pay for such a sloppy and half-assed installation.

My question earlier about "What is Kleeman" was serious. I take it "Kleeman" is a US company (based on their cheap US hardware shown in the pic), with a "Euro" sounding name ("Kompressor Fur Mercedes-Benz," etc) for marketing purposes.

They certainly are no AMG, etc. I don't think that AMG, etc. would leave an engine with no front cover, loose wires running over the engine, etc.

$10,000????? Good luck.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
why dont we just drop the subject??
Old 11-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Don't be such a crybaby. All I've ever done is express honest opinions (usually backed by proven facts that can't really be argued with - maybe that's what some people are annoyed by), and set straight a lot of mistaken "facts," and call out a few people when they have tried to pass incredibly fake stories as the truth.

Finally, how is my signature "hateful"? Its just a picture of two cars - they are what they are. I've had several VWs, they were great cars.
Here's the short of it...

The quotations you cite are almost (if not all) in response to arguments you start. They lash out, because you lash out first (period).

Your Signature says VW's Rule, and feature two cars, both same profile, both in RED, both facing stage left, implying that the one obvious car that is not a VW is the same as the actual VW. To repeat, this affronts several members of this forum who consider their Mercedes-Benze C-Sportscoupes to be something other than a VW. Your definition of "harassing" is immaterial compared to the dozens of members with Coupes who are continuously offended by your posts.

Call me a Crybaby all you want. Instead, consider me as just a Referee, trying to mediate the arguments to preserve some level of comraderie here, while coping with the growing number of PMs from members complaining of your Sig, your posts, your attitude, and "the horse you rode in on."

I don't welcome this daily task you have chosen to instigate, and frankly, at the end of the day, I do not need to put up with it. As my daddy taught me years ago, "When you're in a hole, don't dig!"

So, take a hint... You're in a hole...

This thread is CLOSED.