C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

my most recent trip to the service dept.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2002 | 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
my most recent trip to the service dept.

So this is the 4th time my car has been to the shop...

I was experiencing an issue where shifting into and out of Park was clunky and not smooth at all, and sometimes the ignition would not recognize the car as being parked and thus would not let me remove the key. Other issues included rattling from the glovebox compartment as well as a rattling noise in my left ear, presumably in the B-pillar.

Here's what they did (in 2 days):

- Replaced the shifter assembly; turns out the shifter was binding up with one of the parts in the assembly and was thus not completely shifting into park.

- The glovebox was missing a screw; adding the screw eliminated the rattle.

- The rattling in the B-pillar was from the seatbelt clip; they simply re-tightened the clip and the noise is gone.

I'm somewhat surprised they didn't claim my shifter issue was caused by installing my new stereo (as absurd as that may sound, I expected it). In fact, the cashier actually congratulated me on the new system and asked me a few questions about the car since he recognized me from being in the dealer's magazine sent out last month.

Overall a good experience, and I'm glad I have a good dealer to work with.
Old 11-07-2002 | 09:44 PM

C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
did they get rid of the audio---
phone--- from your display
Old 11-07-2002 | 11:24 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
I am taking my car to HBL tomorrow... I am going to give them a try.

Where did you go session?
Old 11-08-2002 | 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
no they didn't remove the AUDIO--- and TEL---- from the display... i forgot to ask (i was in a rush)

i went to EuroMotorcars.
Old 11-08-2002 | 04:17 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
Session,

I bought my car at Euromotors and have had it serviced there through ownership. Its not unusual for them to keep it for multiple days. Never really aproblem since we've always (w/one exception) had great loaners.

Just curious-what did you get for a loaner?
Old 11-08-2002 | 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by Big Dog
Session,

I bought my car at Euromotors and have had it serviced there through ownership. Its not unusual for them to keep it for multiple days. Never really aproblem since we've always (w/one exception) had great loaners.

Just curious-what did you get for a loaner?
like i said, this is my fourth time in the service dept. at euro (i bought there as well) so i know it's not unusual for them to keep it. it gives me a little time to play with the loaner and makes me appreciate my car that much more!

i got a desert silver C240 loaner this time; it wasn't anything special. the parts were of the same quality as my coupe, and it was very noticeably slower and had inferior handling.

on previous visits i've gotten an ML320, an SLK230 and an E320.