C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Some A-Hole Dented My Door!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Some A-Hole Dented My Door!

Today I was at Oakridge shopping centre. I parked next to this shady looking white Impala, probably belonged to some loser. I was having doubts parking there as I was in the mall. Guess what?! 20 minutes later when I get back to my car, I see a freaking big dent on my side panel. I was super pissed!

Why can't people be more careful when opening and closing doors??? Sometimes I feel those losers do it on purpose because you drive a nicer, better car than he/she does! The dent is quite evident too!
Old 11-08-2002, 04:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Re: Some A-Hole Dented My Door!

I always try to be aware of where I'm parking, and what kind of cars are around me. It's not guarantee that nothing will happen, but I figure I have better odds that way.

Take your car to one of those paint-less dent repair places. They are normally pretty quick, and quite reasonable. A coworker of mine has had her jag dented twice in the last couple of months this way. She got the dents removed at one of these places. I think it cost her about $35 each time. You can't even tell there was a dent there.

Good luck...
Old 11-08-2002, 04:47 PM

I drive a stock 02' C230 Sport Coupe and of recently just had brand new wheels installed on her. Before it was a great looking car, looked like any new stock mercedes benz. However when I put the new wheels on it, for some reason it seems to draw alot more attention (beautiful car IMO). Well I parked her in the middle of the parking lot at my local grocery store and to my surprise when I came out there was evidence of someone spitting on the driver side window. It was fairly new because it was running down the door. I had just finished washing and polishing her and boy was I mad . It show so much disrespect I could hardly take it. Anyways, from now on I am persistant in getting a front parking spot where ever I go. This is a new experience for me because its my first car but really opens my eyes as to how cruel the world can be some time (spitting on my baby ).

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share the insight of an 18 year old:p

Regards,
Matt
Old 11-08-2002, 05:04 PM

2014 E350, 2008 C300 Sport
And parking next to "nice" cars doesn't help all the time either. I've seen people driving Jag/BMW and even Benz's.... and when they open their door they just let it fly open and bang into whatever is nearby. Sometimes people just don't use their brain sometimes. Is it really that hard to use your hand and hold your door open? If not to protect your car, at least have enough decency to respect other cars... even if it's a POS.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Sorry to hear about your dent -- I know what that's like. Always seems to happen when you just park for a few minutes -- unbelievable.

Over the years I've gotten **** about parking, just ask my wife. I always try to find an end spot, try not to park near beat up cars, and NEVER park on a side-to-side slant where someone can let there door just bang into the side.

I had some hail damage removed by Dent Wizards in the summer and they did a great job. If the paint was not damamged, they should be able to remove the dent like Revstriker said, and you'll never know it. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:33 PM

C250 Coupe 2012
have a (we call them) dent doctor, take it out and you will never know it was there. Along as the paint is no broken and they can get to the back side of the dent, they are good to go.
Hope it works, bettes the alternative.
Tom
Old 11-08-2002, 08:40 PM

1998 ML 320, 2001 C 240, 2002 CLK 320
I totally understand; about 3 months ago I had my 3rd car painted. The day I picked it up from the body shop my wife took it to the movies, and yes the paint did'nt even had time to dry before some a-hole chiped the paint on the passanger door.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally posted by ryson
And parking next to "nice" cars doesn't help all the time either. I've seen people driving Jag/BMW and even Benz's.... and when they open their door they just let it fly open and bang into whatever is nearby. Sometimes people just don't use their brain sometimes. Is it really that hard to use your hand and hold your door open? If not to protect your car, at least have enough decency to respect other cars... even if it's a POS.
my grandparents are a perfect example of this. they will park their cadillac or MB, open the door and "thump". i feel sorry for the people the park next too. even me! i learned never to keep my car in the dirveway when they were coming over for a vist.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
ding a ling

When you have a bad vibe about a car like that, either DO NOT park there or write its license plate down before you go into Oakridge Mall. On second thought, WHY go to Oakridge mall?!?

My Mom put a nice ding in my Peugeot 405's rear wheel arch character line (impossible to fix) when the car was nearly new, when visiting us in her former Volvo 240 DL. I almost cried Well, I've gotten over it. I think.

So far the C 230 K is clean after nearly 5 months - my Dad mainly drives it and parallel parks nearly everywhere.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:58 AM

2002 C32
I understand how you feel. It happened to me twice in the last two weeks in parking lot where my children go to school.

The first time it was with my C32. I parked my car leaving what I thought was ample room for someone to open their doors if they took the minimum of care. I returned with my children to find some blue paint on the rear passenger door. Fortunately, the paint came off and I do not notice a dent.

The second time it happened to me while I was parked and I was sitting inside the car. After I dropped off my son, I was waiting in the car with my daughter. They go to the same school but my daughter starts school 30 minutes later than my son. I am parked with no other cars around me when this lady in this Suzuki 4x4, who has the entire parking lot to pick a spot from pull up inches next to my car. She open the door and ''thump''. She did not even look at us to say sorry and carried on as if nothing had happened.

That day I was driving my Jag which I have to return at the end of the month (end of lease, replaced with C32). Fortunately, She hit the side molding, no dent but the moulding is scruffed up a bit.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Sorry to hear that ding Big Sheesh!
That's why I always park either at the very front or far at the end for the most.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:56 PM
JeT

Originally posted by pocholin
Sorry to hear that ding Big Sheesh!
That's why I always park either at the very front or far at the end for the most.
Even then you are not really safe. When you park your car away from everyone else it still seems to attract the idiots.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by JeT
Even then you are not really safe. When you park your car away from everyone else it still seems to attract the idiots.
You ain't kidding!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 03:36 PM

C230 2.3 Manual Coupe
Owww the horrors of pampering a new car. The tiniest scratch feels like a Mack truck collided with your precious possession. I only have a little over 1000 miles in my car and I already have 4 noticeable scratches all over it. However I do believe two of them existed before I bought it, I got it at night and didn't notice it until the next morning.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
If someone hit their door on the side of your car and you saw it, would you pursue it and make them pay for the damage or do you guys just let them go?
Old 11-09-2002, 05:21 PM

c240
I GOT TUNA SANDWICHED ON ROBSON

i wouldnt be so mad if it was peanut butter or sumthing but TUNA!!

all these haters all come along when u drive a benz thats fo sho
Old 11-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by oggle
If someone hit their door on the side of your car and you saw it, would you pursue it and make them pay for the damage or do you guys just let them go?
In my case it depends on how I see it happens, if it looks like it was a true accident I'd let it go, but if it looks like the person either did it on purpose or is just plain wreckless I'd pursue it.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:57 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Regardless of on purpose or accident, I'd kick the crap out of the guy/girl for damaging my car!
Old 11-09-2002, 06:46 PM

c240
it was ME!

^_^
Old 11-10-2002, 04:13 AM
Almost a Member!

l
I have a worse story than any of you. Okay so my parents have a family friend over for the weekend and she's staying at our house. EVERYTIME we drive her out and we come home she opens the door really hard and hits our own cars with our own doors!#()*&@# I wanted to hit her!!! Sheesh, ruining 2 cars at once!#!
Old 11-10-2002, 04:50 AM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
That's a nice looking McLaren! I have one of these in Grand Theft Auto III!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
MagicianB, did you tell her something?
Also why did you park next to the other car, just park behing it and she won't hit them anymore.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:56 PM

Brill. Silver-C230K, Auto, C4,C5,C7
I recently had 3 very noticable dents on my hood following a wind storm which sent some heavy branches crashing down on my car. Took it to the dealer and had them arrange for a service to pop them out. Was quoted $150. Was subsequently charged $300 because getting at the dents turned out to be more involved due to the presence of a crossmember directly below. Had the dealer wax/detail my car for not informing me of the surcharge. Can't tell there was ever any damage and no painting was needed.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Odont
I recently had 3 very noticable dents on my hood following a wind storm which sent some heavy branches crashing down on my car. Took it to the dealer and had them arrange for a service to pop them out. Was quoted $150. Was subsequently charged $300 because getting at the dents turned out to be more involved due to the presence of a crossmember directly below. Had the dealer wax/detail my car for not informing me of the surcharge. Can't tell there was ever any damage and no painting was needed.
That was good and cheap too!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:51 PM

2002 C230K
oh yes, the agony of jealous people abusing our cars. has anybody been egged yet? i have. i left my car on the street (driveway was full) by my friend's house in chino hills a few months ago. we went to a movie and when we came back, there was egg dripping down the side. those *******. apparently it was a drive-by egging based on the angle of hit and splatter. and i was gone for long enough that it had time to dry i spent a good half hour at my buddy's house just cleaning all the crap off. and when i got home at about 3 am, washed and waxed the car out of paranoia. took it next day to a car wash to have them wash and wax it (again out of paranoia). so far, no oxidation marks. and hopefully it stays that way.

sidenote: ******* didnt hit any of the other cars on the street. just mine. arrrghhhh!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some A-Hole Dented My Door!