C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mercedes aftermarket radio wiring and harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w203
Mercedes aftermarket radio wiring and harness

i'm trying to install an aftermarket radio onto my 2004 mercedes c230. I've searched the forums. I've been able to get the factory radio out... I have the base system not the bose system.

Anyways there are 3 harness's, looks like 1 fiberoptics cable that goes to an amp and i'm guessing 1 more cable that goes to the cd changer.

The car stereo shop sold me a VW harness but they only gave me 2 harnesses. I read in here that the VW harness is the one I need.

I think i was able to wire the speakers all up properly on the first harness.... the 2nd one with all the power and remote power etc seems to be the one i'm doing wrong.... is there a proper wiring schematics i can follow?

When i tried testing it my sony headunit wouldnt turn on... the car said check SRS restraint or something of that sort as well...

thanks for the headsup... a quick reply would be appreciated if anyone can help because my car dash is all apart and i'd like to drive to work tomorrow
thanks again for everyone's help!
The following users liked this post:
Steve Lyss (10-11-2016)
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w203
ok an update... after hours of trying to figure out wut was wrong... was finally able to get it working with the help of voltmeter..

problem was trying to ground the headunit with one of those t20 screws... so that didnt work ended up.... so put it on the factory harness brown cable...

Then after figuring out how to get the cup holder out and getting access to the cigarette lighter.... i realized i had a blown fuse #47..... so had to search for the spare fuses in the trunk......

OH PS SRS restraint error is still on

Last edited by tyronewheatley; 12-20-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03.5 c230
aftermarket hu

HI I'm trying to install my new radio/gps and we have the same model and year. I bought the metra harness and it came with 2 harnesses, my radio came witha harness that looks like the metra but with out the small harness, so I guess I can just use the harness that came with my unit + the small harness from metra; do I have to swith pins on the harness? color match it with the harness from the car? do I need an antena adapter like everybody is talking about or not? anyway thanks in advance for your help.....live also in socal lakewood to be specific.....
Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
search the DIY thread.

Heres the info you want its about half way down.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-images-3.html