C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2002 C230k MAF Sensor Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K, 1926 Model T Ford roadster hotrod, 1955 Buick Special, 1966 Chevy Truck, Custom chopper
2002 C230K MAF Sensor Info

Hi Everyone,

I searched through all the threads including "MAF" in them and the info provided is vague at best. So, let's see if we can put all the important info on one thread for easier searching in the future.

MB part number?

A 111 094 01 48

Best place to get a new / used MAF?

The dealership is insane for wanting almost $400 for a new one. I need to know where to get one as mine has been causing a surging over 67 MPH and is now setting a check engine light once in a while. Can anyone help me out?

When to clean?

The same time the oil is changed.

How to remove?

Remove both drivers side top engine covers. Pull stright up, they will pop right off. Remove the large black clamp holding the MAF sensor to the black rubber tube going into the throttle body. Use a set of adjustable pliers for this. Remove the the black plastic intake tube attached to the MAF. You will need a T20 torx screwdriver for the 2 screws that hold it on. Once removed, spray with MAF cleaner. Reinstall. Allow about an hour before starting the vehile so the MAF cleaner has time to evapoate / dry.

What to clean it with?

CRC Chemicals Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner. Silver spray can, red CRC logo, small black cap

Where to get MAF cleaner?

Just about any auto parts store should sell it. I purchased mine at Advance Auto Parts for about $6.00. The part # was 05110.

I hope this info helps others.

Regards, Dave

Last edited by FORCEDINDUCTION; 01-08-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To make sure you problem is the MAF, disconnect it and see if the surging problem continues, could be a vacuum leak. The engine will run fine with the MAF disconnect but will obviously throw a code. If it continues to surge, the MAF was not the problem. You can get a discounted MAF from OEM places like autohausaz.com or get a discounted genuined MB part from Duval Motors (link on my website) or other discounting MB dealers. My mechanic charges $400 for a MAF installed so I know he gets it cheaper. Just avoid the really cheap stuff on ebay, it's not real even though it looks real and has the correct part numbers. When using CRC MAF cleaner, make sure you hit it hard, don't worry about wasting half the can, you want to make the gold wire at the tip gets a good bath. Also don't touch the wire, your skin oil will contaminate it.