C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anyone with the V60 Motorola Integrated?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awaiting a new arrival...
Anyone with the V60 Motorola Integrated?

Curious for reviews of the integrated V60 into the 203...don't really want to consider a Timeport, too old on the technology side. But, am considering making the purchase on the V60 and having the install done over the winter. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
i could've sworn i just saw a post on how to integrate a motorola phone into a benz...maybe this forum or benzworld.org
Old 11-19-2002, 12:18 AM

I like my V60, and love the integration. However, with the pace of technology being what it is, the V60 is already an outdated phone. If that doesn't bother you, by all means do it. I've been itching for a T68, but oh well, can't upgrade my phone if I want to keep the car integration. I don't know when MBUSA will be releasing a new generation of branded phones, hopefully soon.

Anyways, sound quality is very good, coming through the stereo speakers. Mic pickup is very good, sound is clear all around from what I can hear, and my friends on the other end tell me that I come through clearly. You can dial directly through the headunit keypad, or use your steering wheel to cycle through your addressbook and to start/pick up/end calls. Caller ID comes through on both your MultiFunction Display, and your headunit. Your headunit also displays a signal meter just like your phone has, so you know how much signal you are getting without looking at the phone itself.

Overall, a pretty good system in my opinion. Occasionally the phone doesn't synch up correctly, but you can tell right away because the signal meter doesn't come up on your headunit. Just reseat the phone and the car should find the phone on the network.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by hphan
I like my V60, and love the integration. However, with the pace of technology being what it is, the V60 is already an outdated phone. If that doesn't bother you, by all means do it. I've been itching for a T68, but oh well, can't upgrade my phone if I want to keep the car integration. I don't know when MBUSA will be releasing a new generation of branded phones, hopefully soon.
Not a chance... MB only endorse TDMA and CDMA carriers, whereas T68/T68i is a GSM phone. Too bad, I have one and it's great. They only offer integrated GSM phones outside the N.A. market.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by vadim
Not a chance... MB only endorse TDMA and CDMA carriers, whereas T68/T68i is a GSM phone. Too bad, I have one and it's great. They only offer integrated GSM phones outside the N.A. market.
Well, over in my area AT&T is now offering GSM as well as TDMA. I know there is a V60G out there somewhere, so it wouldn't be too farfetched for MB to offer that since they already offer the V60T and V60C. I know they won't do the T68 since it's not a Motorola, it was just an itch