C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Gas Thank Overflowed Today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
[i]
You are right, I've been here longer than just about everyone. I'm not trying to serve as a lightening rod, but I am offended by gross distortions of reality [/B]
The beauty of this nation is you have freedom of choice. Use it creatively and in the best interest of your own mental well being. If you don't like it....you can leave anytime you want.

That said, Moderator....PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Old 11-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 C240/6
Originally posted by Rick
The beauty of this nation is you have freedom of choice. Use it creatively and in the best interest of your own mental well being. If you don't like it....you can leave anytime you want.

That said, Moderator....PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Thank you for overstating the obvious.

And, don't worry, a "get-the-last-word-in-then-lock-the-thread" by MB-BOB is coming soon, you don't have to ask twice. It's one of his favorite tactics.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by SoCal240/6
I don't need you to personally attack me in an e-mail - its fine to do it here where everyone can see. That's one of the reasons I prefer to not receive random e-mails from BB participants - too many nuts and "off the record" communcations are not necessary.
SoCal, I have no interest in an e-mail battle with you. The reason I'm suggesting an off-forum dialog is that the moderators have been discussing your posts for several weeks in the moderator's forum. As a courtesy, we would like to correspond with you privately, to inform you of the status of this discussion. My e-mail button is available to you below.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
You can inform me of the status of your discussions here, if you want. I appreciate the courtesy of offering private correspondence, but it's not necessary.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: Re: signature class

Originally posted by Mike T.
NOOOOOO!
its gone! u wanna buy it from me?

Originally posted by mleskovar
This is not a filling station problem necessarily but definitely a pump problem. The individual pumps are supposed to shut off with backpressure.
Car gas tanks are not vented to the atmosphere.
Thats good to know, thanks.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
When a defendant does not appear for his hearing, he is generally presumed guilty as charged....

Penalties in these cases are generally swift and severe (HINT)
Old 11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Even assuming there were a similarity in the look of the 2 cars (and there isn't), there is a big difference. The MB came first. Lots of car companies copy MB designs - MB can't help that.

The MB Hatchback is a cosmetic replica (looks almost exactly the same, as the pics clearly show) and mechanical replica (1.8 liter, 4 cylinder supercharged, 0-60 in 7.5 seconds) of a 13 year old VW.

There's the difference.

I personally would be embarrassed by your attempt because it lacks wit, for the reasons I already gave you, and is "trying too hard." We understandably hold ourselves to different standards, so I can see how YOU wouldn't be embarrassed by your effort. For example, you are apparently not embarrased at all by your 6th grade level mastery of basic English skills and grammar (it's "couple," not "cupple" for God's sake!). I would be extremely embarrassed by that. Fortunately from you, your level of intelligence and education serves to insulate you from being embarrassed from such things.
hmm are you sure i should be embarrassed? try spelling it right next time. i will quote you: "you are apparently not embarrased at all by your" ITS EMBARRASSED NOT EMBARRASED FOR GOD'S SAKE. Did you ever even make it passed 6th grade?

Oh here's another quote: "Even assuming there were a similarity" is that proper english? I dont think so, but maybe for 6th grade its not to bad.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Originally posted by Rick
When a defendant does not appear for his hearing, he is generally presumed guilty as charged....

Penalties in these cases are generally swift and severe (HINT)
1) Although I don't know why I would be characterized as a "defendant," I am here.

2) I suppose the implicit threat is that I will be banned. I've participated on numerous Internet auto forums really since the beginning of such things (since around 1996). I've seen far more than most of you here. The vast majority (actually, all I've seen so far) are run the way they should be run. Very little censoring. Freedom to express opinions. Its one of the real beautiful things about the Internet and the Internet community in general.

I have seen people banned, but very rarely - and in those cases, it was for legitimate reasons, like personal threats being made. I've NEVER seen anyone banned for simply expressing opinions.

But, this Board has at least one moderator that obviously thinks differently. For example, it is an extremely sensitive individual who would call my signature "hateful" or "defamatory." A person with such sensitivity should not be a moderator on an Internet board, IMO. (Also, a moderator should not launch childish personal attacks on board participants, either).

I still challenge ANYONE to point to ANY of my posts that they can find that they can say, with a straight face, justifies being banned. Having opinions, expressing them, and being effective in argument are not reasons for being banned. Even sarcasm isn't a crime (yet), is it?

I think a lot of the less intelligent people, who can't effectively argue or present a position, get frustrated and probably would like to see me banned. I also think that there are some intelligent people, with common sense, that would see how absolutely absurd that would be.

That being said, this is not my board, and the owners can do whatever they want. So be it. It would tell me a lot about the people running the board, but who cares about that? If they want to put a hyper-sensitive person in place as a Moderator, then assist that person in carrying out an unjustified personal vendetta against someone, that's their business. If they want to have a board populated by a bunch of people with bad spelling, doing nothing but stroking each other and talking about blue lights, that's fine too.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
hmm are you sure i should be embarrassed? try spelling it right next time. i will quote you: "you are apparently not embarrased at all by your" ITS EMBARRASSED NOT EMBARRASED FOR GOD'S SAKE. Did you ever even make it passed 6th grade?

Oh here's another quote: "Even assuming there were a similarity" is that proper english? I dont think so, but maybe for 6th grade its not to bad.
Umm, nice try. There is a difference between a random typo and not knowing how to spell a word. You ALWAYS spell "couple" as "cupple." You've probably done it 20 times (of course, in addition to your demonstrated inability to spell countless other 6th grade vocabulary words).

Your post is a very weak (again) attempt. I used "embarrassed" 5 times in the quote, spelling it correctly 4 out of the 5. The 1 misspelling is obviously a typo and your "maybe you should learn to spell embarrassed" is silly and weak.

Your post is also great because of the dripping irony. In very weakly trying to criticize MY spelling and grammar, YOU have numerous major mistakes (that are NOT mere typos). It is "past" 6th grade, not "passed" 6th grade. Your "its not to bad" should be "it's not too bad" (wow, 50% of the words wrong in that one!). "Dont" is "don't." Etc.

Please, just give it up. You are bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Man, this thread is beginning to suck big time. Its no longer funny to read all of this B*******.

I think that is time for the children to quit playing, get out of the sandbox and go home to your parents.

What started out as a legitimate question has turned into you know what.

I thought we were all on here to help each other out, maybe a little good natured kidding thrown in. But I believe that a lot of members think like me:

PLAY TIME IS OVER KIDS! GO HOME!

Just the $0.02 worth of an OLD FART

Sorry if I offended anybody with these words.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I've NEVER seen anyone banned for simply expressing opinions.

haha, thats your problem you do not state your opinions, you make personal attacks!

whats this? For example, "you are apparently not embarrased at all by your 6th grade level mastery of basic English skills and grammar" was that to me or someone else?

the list will never stop with you eaither.

i remember last week you said to citron230 : "By the way your COUPE is a really ugly color!"
THATS a personal attack not your opinion, If it was you could have said: "TO ME your COUPE is a really ugly color".

If thats not a personal attack what is?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by amdeutsch

What started out as a legitimate question has turned into you know what.

thats what happens around here when someone asks a question, socal turns it into an argument. i would still like to get more replies to my original post.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
hahahaha, did you actually say that u do not make personal attacks?

whats this? "For example, you are apparently not embarrased at all by your 6th grade level mastery of basic English skills and grammar" was that to me or someone else?

the list will never stop with you eaither.

i remember last week you said to citron230 : "By the way your COUPE is a really ugly color!"
THATS a personal attack not your opinion, If it was you could have said: "TO ME your COUPE is a really ugly color".

If thats not a personal attack what is?
My comments to you are always in response to your comments to me. Yes, if you wish to attack me, I will defend myself.

"By the way, your Hatchback is an ugly color" is most definately NOT a personal attack. Of course it's only my personal opinion. What else could it be? Your suggestion that it would have been ok only if I had put "to me" in front of it is silly.

You have once again inadvertently proven my point. There are people like you who believe that my saying THE COLOR OF A CAR is ugly is a "personal attack." I think 99% of sensible people can see how absolutely absurd that is.

Although, BlackHatch, I do give you credit. You consistently get knocked down, but you dust yourself off and get right back on your horse to try again. You certainly don't lack for persistence, even in the face of overwhelming odds.

Finally, I agree with Amdeutch - this is getting old and is off track from the original post. (Although, take a look at the sixth post in this thread to see how it all started!). I don't mind an extended argument, but as between you and me I think the outcome is clear and it is only getting circular and reinforced.

Last edited by SoCal240/6; 11-22-2002 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
thats what happens around here when someone asks a question, socal turns it into an argument. i would still like to get more replies to my original post.
Umm, have you gone back to the first page of the thread to see who started the argument?

Please go take a look and please post the result. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Umm, have you gone back to the first page of the thread to see who started the argument?

Please go take a look and please post the result. Thanks.
You dont need to consider that personal because he was talking to me not you. (i will consider this to not be the best answer i ever made so please, no comment is needed).

How do you know that most people here do not think you are an idiot?
Old 11-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by amdeutsch
HEY, I WANT MY 15 MINUTES OF FAME.

He's already had plenty.:p
I'm having fun reading this post too!, I'll have my 15 minutes of fame when I get more posts than JamE55
Old 11-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by pocholin
I'm having fun reading this post too!, I'll have my 15 minutes of fame when I get more posts than JamE55
whats so funny about my gas tank overflowing? J/K
Old 11-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
BlackC230Coupe, now that we have the distractions out of the way, have you hade a chance to call the dealer and ask them about the overflowing? I really think they should have a look at it, especially to check your charcoal cannister, at minimum.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
scarecrow strikes again

Like so many, in order to try to defeat me in an argument, you have to distort the truth and set up a "straw man" to defeat. Mike T. used to try that, but was so easily exposed he had the sense to finally quit it.
You are getting to be funny, despite your humourlessness.

Keep it up; your descent (ascent?) into megalomania is riveting I can't wait until you found your own religion or personality cult

Can I join? Please?
Old 11-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
whats so funny about my gas tank overflowing? J/K
You, soCal, mb-bob, etc.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by MB-BOB
BlackC230Coupe, now that we have the distractions out of the way, have you hade a chance to call the dealer and ask them about the overflowing? I really think they should have a look at it, especially to check your charcoal cannister, at minimum.
I did call up the dealer yesturday and i spoke to a service rep. and they told me that it is possible it's the gas station but they would not be sure unless they were to take a look at the car. I may try to bring it in this week. They did not mention anything about the charcoal cannister, But can someone please tell me what the charcoal cannister really is and what does it do? i never knew that.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2002, 12:30 AM

2008 E 350
I did call up the dealer yesturday and i spoke to a service rep. and they told me that it is possible it's the gas station but they would not be sure unless they were to take a look at the car. I may try to bring it in this week. They did not mention anything about the charcoal cannister, But can someone please tell me what the charcoal cannister really is and what does it do? i never knew that.

Thanks
"the charcoal canister is a necessary part of the
emissions system in our cars and its removal will cause your ECU to fault
(it will also void your emissions warranty and it may be illegal to remove
it). The fuel vapors that are routed to the intake manifold are calculated
into the air/fuel mixture ratio by the ECU and if the canister and purge
valve are removed, less fuel is introduced into the combustion process and
you may run a lean condition which will cause your car to detonate
especially if you have introduced more air into the cylinders via a cold
air intake and low restriction filter. Also since the charcoal canister
only collects and releases fuel vapors, it rarely wears out. The part that
often wears out is the purge valve. It gets stuck in the open position and
will cause you car to run a little rich."

Got that off another car forum. Hope that helps (until someone explains it better).

BTW hilarious thread. Despite SoCal always being the antagonist around here, give him credit for atleast being able to stand up for himself.

Last edited by 02Impressor; 11-24-2002 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I saw this happen to a W202 C230K once.. I pulled in in my W203 to a gas station and I see this senior pumping gas on his W202. I must say it seemed that he was there for a while, because I filled up from 3/4 and I finished not too long after him.

Anyway, he pulls out the nozzle and all I hear are dripping sounds.. I turn around and I see a virtual fountain of gasoline squirting from his tank. I was like WTF???

...the man just stands there for a while (he didn't look surprised at all ) and then pays for his gas, drives away.

...with his fuel cap off
Old 11-24-2002, 02:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by pokerFACE

...with his fuel cap off
haha
Old 11-24-2002, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by 02Impressor
[BThe part that
often wears out is the purge valve. It gets stuck in the open position and
will cause you car to run a little rich."[/B]
I'll tell you what else happens when the purge valve sticks open, since it happened to me. When I would I would fill up the tank, all the vapors coming in would get pushed through the charcoal canister and through the purge valve. It would overload the engine with vapors, essentially flooding it and I would have to crank it for like 15 seconds before it would start. Then it continued to run very rough for a while and almost stall.

The computer finally gave the dealer a code that it had a problem with the purge valve, but not until after they had already replaced the fuel tank and charcoal canister and almost the entire fuel system and still not having fixed a thing. After wanting to get rid of the car because they couldn't fix it, it turned out to be a simple 10 minute replacement of the purge valve that fixed it.

Apparently the purge valve opens and closes to let the vapors through slowly. I know some people have complained of the ticking sound that it makes sometimes. I guess sometimes the noise is excessive, but it means it is working. Mine doesn't make any noticeable noise, so I guess it is possible to have a quiet one that still works, but the sound does not mean there is a problem.