C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sound system HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
you should have no noise after the amp- but you never know. especially in something like a factory amp- no where near the quality of something like McIntosh, older A/D/S/, etc. the fiber optic cable may be loseless- but it would still have to pass through the circuits in the amp prior to going through his converter

it's just me, but i wouldn't tap into a signal after the factory amp- hence me saying what i did originally. all of my own personal audio installs as well as installs i do for others- i aim to have to cleanest sound possible with the budget and equipment i am given to work with.

i don't really know why i am thinking this much about it though- it's obvious the orginal poster isn't after a SQ system- he just wants to add a little bump in the trunk. noise isn't as big of an issue when dealing with the substage.
You are right about being better off tapping pre-amp. My point was that even on a stock audio system where you tap the radio output, the amp is internal and it's still going to produce the same potential loss @ the amp VS a system with an external amp using fiber. (On a stock MB radio anyway)