C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rad replaced and fluid flushed...should I still be concerned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Sportcoupe
Rad replaced and fluid flushed...should I still be concerned?

Picked up my '03 coupe from the dealer tonight. They replaced the radiator and flushed the torque converter and transmission. It felt fine driving home tonight, infact it felt better than it has in a while. But how do I know that there hasn't already been serious damage done? I don't know how bad it was or how long it's been going on. All I know is that it easily exceeded the max limit for contamination. I just don't know if I should consider the transmission fixed. Or if I should consider it working while I look for something else. I didn't have all the problems that I read others were having, just a few bad shifts and 1 really bad shift. I'd like to think that everything is fine now, I just don't know if that's true. Are most of you guys fine after the fluid flush?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C240 Luxury Model
Originally Posted by Topshelf
Picked up my '03 coupe from the dealer tonight. They replaced the radiator and flushed the torque converter and transmission. It felt fine driving home tonight, infact it felt better than it has in a while. But how do I know that there hasn't already been serious damage done? I don't know how bad it was or how long it's been going on. All I know is that it easily exceeded the max limit for contamination. I just don't know if I should consider the transmission fixed. Or if I should consider it working while I look for something else. I didn't have all the problems that I read others were having, just a few bad shifts and 1 really bad shift. I'd like to think that everything is fine now, I just don't know if that's true. Are most of you guys fine after the fluid flush?
I still am, you saw the link to my thread. The car had FAR worse symptoms. Car is great and has been so far since I did all the work. It's not the o-rings btw. Those just keep fluid from leaking out of the radiator period. The problem is in the fittings attached to the radiator on the Valeo having tiny cracks which allow the mission fluid to venture into the main portion of the radiator to contaminate the coolant.