C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Paintless Dent Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
W203 C230, W210 E350, W166 ML63
Exclamation Paintless Dent Removal

Ok guys, so I searched the forum for some info on taking out a dent without it ruining the paint but I just wanted to start a new thread eventhough there were a few already on this in other threads. I have a small dime size dent from a door ding that my friend did about 3 years back. Since I'm putting on my rims as soon as the weather gets warmer I told myself I would get it taken out before I put on the new wheels. I had a paintless dent removal guy come to my house today to do it, and I asked him how are you gonna do this? He says im gonna drill a whole threw ur door to get to the dent (which is one the rear right fender right above the wheel) and then I'll massage it out. I said, "your gonna drill a hole in my car to get a dent out, go fly a kite!" well i wanted to say that but then i told him are u sure u cant just get to it from the wheel well and of course he tried and theres a whole right behind that dent that he can use. So he sets everything up, the lights the tools and all that and he starts to push it out and i guess he noticed hed **** up the paint so he says, "Im not liable if the paint chips when i take this out" and im like the paints gonna chip?! Idk if i want you to do it then. He said that the ding is pretty sharp so it might chip. I asked him has it happened before and he says yes, I ask him them whats the percentage of it happening in this case? Is it greater than 50%, and he went away from the topic. So i told him idk if i want you to do it, ill give u a call if I change my mind. What I'm wanting to know now is, will this really happen, or was this guy just inexperienced? And if I take it to the dealer will they do it without that happening? He was charging me $60, if the dealer charges me $100 without it screwing up I'd be happy to go threw their guy. What do you guys think I should do? Leave it or get it out? Ahhh it just annoying to look at!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240
Good luck...I have a dent in the same exact location i think, would like to see which method you use...I'll stay tuned..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 AM

w211 e500
Keep looking.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i find the "paintless dent removal" name ironic to what just happened to your car.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 AM

2009 JK Unlimited Detonator Yellow
go to the dealership.. they should use a company called "dent wizard" those guys are really truely paintless dent removal, we used them at our dealership and never had any problems with them.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM

2005 c230k
I found an independent that came out and removed three dings for me. He charge $150 and they were unnoticable after he was done. They were absolutely perfect. He did say he had worked for the Ding Doctor and went out on his own. The major companys are very expensive. Usually around $150 per panel.

I would not think that their could be a possibility of chipping if the ding is very sharp. Some one in the business, of course, would have more input than me. If you could post a picture, maybe those that have had their cars done could compare it to their dings. This way you could get a better idea of what to expect. None of mine where very sharp dings, but it is all relative also. Yours could not be very sharp also.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
W203 C230, W210 E350, W166 ML63
lol I know it is ironic that its paintless and my dent will chip. They guy goes, if it does and you dont want it there ud have to repaint ur whole car. I said well what about the paint, its nano paint with a better clear coat. He said my truck has a clear coat! I'm like wow this guy doesnt really know what he's doing. I think im gonna end up taking it to the dealership tommorow to have them take a look at it.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
Doesn't sound like that guy knows what he's doing. He should have been able to tell you everything before he even started working on the car if it would chip or not just by looking at the dent.

And if you do have to get it repainted, the dealer should have a guy that can come in and spot paint it and blend it in without having to paint the whole door/panel.