C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

pics of my new toy (bi-xenon and wood trim included)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
i think the wood trim looks great in the lighter interior; it would look awkward with the charcoal leather. hopefully the wood trim is of better quality than the aluminum in my 2002 coupe; it's the cheapest aluminum trim i've seen on any car, let alone any mercedes.

your car looks wonderful; i bet it's 100 times more beautiful in person. i love the dark blue.

when are you getting an audio 10?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
The bi-xenons look absolutely INCREDIBLE! 100x's better than the hazy look of the non-xenons.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:48 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
it's all good.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:16 AM
JeT

Originally posted by truelove79
man, how do you guys do it. how do you go everyday without getting a headache from worrying about someone dinging or scratching your car. i can't take it. i just want to build a wall around it in the parking lot.
Truelove, go buy some Zaino and maintain your finish from day one. If the dealer waxed the car, it will probably only last for a few weeks...keep that new paint job protected!
Old 12-04-2002, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
Big Sheesh, the turn signals are amber, you just can't tell from the picture.

i will try to take some pictures of the xenons at night tonight. they're really nice.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
oh boy, someone was nice enough to write KOM in the dust on the back of my car. yea!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: bi-xenon controvercy

Originally posted by nevide
well, to me, the bi-xenon just simply don't flow with the car. I mean, if you look at the CTS or the G35 coupe or the Z350, they all have some sort of a futuristic and agressive look and the bi-xenon just adds that agressivity. Well IMO, the coupe has a calm and more elegant flow and appearance so I think the Bi-xenon is sorta out of place. Not that I don't like the xenons, it just don't match with the car.
Nevide, it's not like the bi-xenons are a different shape or something. The only difference is a clear lens and the individual light pods inside. Sounds like you're just not crazy about the headlight styling in general...
Old 12-04-2002, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
okay, i'm willing to bet that anyone who says that they don't like the xenons on the coupe either A) doesn't have them (little bit of jealousy) or B) hasn't actually seen them in real life or C) doesn't like the shape of the lights anyway.

this isn't a bash on anyone (i'm the friendliest guy you'd ever meet). i'm just trying to say that no picture can do it justice. the xenons look perfect on the coupe, absolutely beautiful. believe me. actually, no picture can do the coupe justice at all. it just has to be seen.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
1st off, people are going to have different opinions. don't worry about it.

mine:

bixenons = NEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
wood = don't neeeeeeeeeeeed...
cloth = sweeeeeeeeet...
Old 12-04-2002, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
1st off, people are going to have different opinions. don't worry about it.
this is true, sorry

just defending my xenons
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Re: bi-xenon controvercy

Originally posted by nevide
well, to me, the bi-xenon just simply don't flow with the car. I mean, if you look at the CTS or the G35 coupe or the Z350, they all have some sort of a futuristic and agressive look and the bi-xenon just adds that agressivity. Well IMO, the coupe has a calm and more elegant flow and appearance so I think the Bi-xenon is sorta out of place. Not that I don't like the xenons, it just don't match with the car. This is just me once again. The other parts of the car is just dope.
nevide, you're not alone in this view. truelove79, I've already written that your car is beautiful. But Nevide's comments are not reflective of your particular example, but the style and execution in general, a view in which I agree. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Further, the blended headlight design was a unique design feature that attracted me to the car, so it's not that "I don't like the design, either."

Rather, whether it be on the Coupe, the new E-Class, or any MB, for that matter, the switch to miniature projector beams within the large, blended housings indeed do NOT flow with the car, IMO. Instead, they look like something tacked on as a mid-course correction, ala an Alteeza taillight design for the front of the car, a design within a design that does not make sense, compared with the cars cited, where the projector beams are situated within more appropriately sized, purpose-designed fixtures.

In my view, the current design is a compromise. Stylish to some, and certainly unique. But nonetheless a compromise, necessary until the next major model revisions. Only then will it make economic sense for MB to design appropriately scaled headlamp fixtures. Notice that MB has gone back to the non-blended housings on the new E-Class, and smaller fixtures as well. The net effect looks better on this car than on the C-sedan, for example, which was designed with traditional lighting in mind.

I make this post not to start any argument, but merely to agree with others bold enough to say so, like nevide, that he is not alone in his opinion. All opinions are welcome here, and as I said at the outset, my opinion on this issue applies to ALL current MB bi-xenon designs, not just the Coupe, or any member's in particular. If you like the current bi-xenons, that's great. If you don't like them, that's great, too.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 12-04-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
actually, it's not that big of a deal. i'm just having fun discussing it. i'm a very friendly passive person. if it ever seems i'm arguing or upset or something, i'm not, ever. just talking, i don't have much else to do.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:22 AM

Mr. Bob?

Just curious, would you include the new E in your comment regarding all current MB models? I have seen that iteration of the lights and thought they "fit" pretty well.

JR
Old 12-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Re: Mr. Bob?

Originally posted by jnjrowland
Just curious, would you include the new E in your comment regarding all current MB models? I have seen that iteration of the lights and thought they "fit" pretty well. JR
I agree... "Notice that MB has gone back to the non-blended housings on the new E-Class, and smaller fixtures as well. The net effect looks better on this car than on the C-sedan... " The headlight housings on the new SL fall into the same category... Smaller fixtures with less dead space around the projector units.

Keep in mind, xenons WERE contemplated (and offered) on the 2001-02 C-sedans, but they were to use the same faceted light fixtures (by design) as the Halogens. Perhaps MB has gone to the clear lens covers and exposed projector look on the C-Class cars in order to better match it to the generation of newer cars with purpose-designed bi-xenons (SL, E, CLK, etc).

What do you think?

Last edited by MB-BOB; 12-04-2002 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
i have a question that i didn't think deserved another thread so i thought i'd ask it here.

when you take your car in for service and leave it there all day, does the dealership usually wash the car or detail it or anything or do they just do the service and be done with it?
Old 12-04-2002, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
all 3 dealerships i've been to, washed the car.

1 hand washed
1 used one of those touchless systems
1 used the type that you don't dry - car came back wet. you're supposed to just drive and it will air dry.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Of course, after leaving it with the dealer for 4 days for each visit, it needs a wash. My (one) dealer has washed the car 3 out of 4 times it's been there. The 4th they attempted to rinse it, but it was still dirty and water beaded on return to me. They apologised they didn't have enough time to do a proper job.

My dealer just washes. They don't know what detailing is (at least for service visits).
Old 12-04-2002, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
well, a quick wash is good enough for me.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Sure, 'nuf. My local Dodge dealer also washes my wife's minivan. Oh, but wait. Dodge is a part of Daimler-Benz now...
Old 12-04-2002, 02:24 PM

C230 K
yep

yep, the dealer wash them.
And for truelove, I appriciate your sprortivity by not flaming into hell fire. LOL. Once again it's just my opinion and I like to express it.
For MB-BOB, I agree with you and about the C-Class too. I like the current headlight fixture and I've seen the xenon in person at a minneapolis dealer last thanksgiving and it's just the clear lens and that one cony lower beam housing that makes it looks bad. I don't know. Anyways thanks for truelove again for the patience. Really appriciate it.
And for everyone, buy what you want, not what everybody want. Your car is your expression. Other people are also expressing their expression about your car. Thanks.

Last edited by nevide; 12-04-2002 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
like i said a few posts earlier, someone was nice enough to write KOM in the dust on the back of my car (i don't know what they meant by it). well, i washed my car during my lunch break and i can see KOM spelled out in almost invisible little scratches on the back. you really can't see it unless you're like an eagle or something. oh well, my first scratch(es).
Old 12-04-2002, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: Re: bi-xenon controvercy

Originally posted by MB-BOB
... Notice that MB has gone back to the non-blended housings on the new E-Class, and smaller fixtures as well. The net effect looks better on this car than on the C-sedan, for example, which was designed with traditional lighting in mind.
Actually, they didn't "go back". They retained the separate lamp design for the E-Class but changed to a more elliptical, slanted lamp design.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:51 PM

Would it be possible since the only wood peice in the coupe is the dash that we could get a part number, then order it to be retrofitted on a 2002 coupe with the (crappy) cf dash. I have been looking everywhere for wood to add to my car with no luck.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Matt, call the parts dept at your dealer and ask for the numbers for a C240 or C320 (or for the new option on the Coupe) You'll need four pieces (Instrumentation bezel, Ash tray lid assembly, transmission tunnel and cupholder cover.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:01 PM

Matt, call the parts dept at your dealer and ask for the numbers for a C240 or C320 (or for the new option on the Coupe) You'll need four pieces (Instrumentation bezel, Ash tray lid assembly, transmission tunnel and cupholder cover.
Thanks!!!

Oh and just out of curiosity, which piece is the transmission tunnel?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pics of my new toy (bi-xenon and wood trim included)