C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

COMAND System in C230K Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
Question COMAND System in C230K Coupe

I am trying to find a specific c230K coupe.

Does anyone know if the car has command, does it automatically have tele-aid? This would be a factory built car.

My dealer is trying to find one that is built... but i want to make sure I have all of the facts.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey Dude,
I just recently purchased a C230 myself (it's on order). You need to do a lot of research before you talk to your dealer. The thing about buying a car, especially in America with very subjective prices, is knowing EVERYTHING there is to know about the car before you go. Since you obviously don't know the options packages, I'm going to give you a web site with a list of what's standard and optional. COMAND is an OPTION for the C230. Teleaid is another OPTION. I would personally rather get COMAND, Teleaid is kinda pointless, just get a cell phone. Here's the webpage with lists the Invoice and MSRP for all the options:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/merc...6m/prices.html

Go there, then click PRICE THIS VEHICLE WITH OPTIONS. It gives you all the info you need! Good luck!
Old 01-12-2002, 04:44 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
TeleAid and COMMAND are separate options that are in no way dependent on each other. If you dealer finds the car you want with COMMAND and it has TeleAid, don't believe any line that "it comes that way" and tell him you will only accept it free, or find another one without TeleAid.

Of course, if that legitimally is all he can find, then it is up to you if you want to pay what he is asking, or wait until one is built/delivered without TeleAid.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:56 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Originally posted by Flashman
TeleAid and COMMAND are separate options that are in no way dependent on each other. If you dealer finds the car you want with COMMAND and it has TeleAid, don't believe any line that "it comes that way" and tell him you will only accept it free, or find another one without TeleAid.

Of course, if that legitimally is all he can find, then it is up to you if you want to pay what he is asking, or wait until one is built/delivered without TeleAid.
this is an easy negotiation point.

1. all/most mercedes come with teleaid FREE
2. first run coupes came with it FREE as well
3. so tell the dealer you want teleaid for free

oddly this rational works

greg
Old 01-13-2002, 05:59 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 brilliant silver, panorama sunroof, auto, everything but leather.
I leased mine about 3 weeks ago and there was no mention of free tele-aid. Quite honestly, I don't think that I would want it anyway...
Old 01-13-2002, 08:50 AM

Teleaid

Those cars came with Teleaid INSTALLED for free. You still have to pay for the service which is EXTREMELY expensive, except for a few free minutes you get the first year. Many people I know that have it installed don't use it.

Also, if you are getting COMMAND check with your Mercedes dealer to determine how detailed the maps are for your area. They are quite good for major metropolitan areas such as LA, New York etc. but in smaller cities like Omaha, NE where I live they only have major streets (The dealer here actually tried to dissuade me from getting the option because of this). My test - could it find my house (which has been there 20 years). It couldn't!