C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Seafoam on C230?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c230 Kompressor Coupe
Seafoam on C230?

Hi, I checked the forums and found nothing specifically on Seafoam for the C230. Has anyone done this? Where did you pour it? Gas tank? Crank case? vacuum line?

What where the results? Was it worth it? I plan on doing an oil change soon, so I was thinking about giving it a try. Oh, and btw my M111 has 117,000KM on it.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by Boosted230
Hi, I checked the forums and found nothing specifically on Seafoam for the C230. Has anyone done this? Where did you pour it? Gas tank? Crank case? vacuum line?

What where the results? Was it worth it? I plan on doing an oil change soon, so I was thinking about giving it a try. Oh, and btw my M111 has 117,000KM on it.
TROLL Alert

E
Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 PM

2002 c230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
TROLL Alert

E

WTF does that mean?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Let's look at what is in the can of Seafoam. Pale oil, Naphtha, and alcohol. Personally I would not put that in my weed-wacker, let alone my car. In the crankcase you should be using synthetic oil. This will keep waxes and varnishes out of there. The only thing Seafoam will do is dilute the synthetic oil with non-detergent oil, and the alcohol will strip lubricating oil from journal surfaces. It will not clean anything, stop sticking rings or valves, grow hair, reduce your waist size, or improve mileage. It can cause engine damage not covered under the Mercedes Benz warranty.

You don't want it in your gas tank either. If you are using top tier premium fuel, you have all the gasoline additives you need in your tank. Adding non-detergent oil can put carbon in your combustion chamber because it does not burn well. It can fool the motor electronics into less than optimum operation, and muck up or ruin your oxygen sensors. It is not a good idea to run oil through the cat either.

The best place for almost all engine and gas additives is on the shelf at the store.

There is one you might need if you are in need of injector cleaning or carbon removal (mostly on 4 cyl supercharged cars.) It is Techron from Chevron-Texaco. It is the only additive approved by Mercedes.

I personally will use alcohol or kerosene to clean a crankcase, with the pan off, if some knucklehead put conventional motor oil in an engine.

I suggest you save your money and go see a movie instead!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:50 AM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by Moviela
Let's look at what is in the can of Seafoam. Pale oil, Naphtha, and alcohol. Personally I would not put that in my weed-wacker, let alone my car. In the crankcase you should be using synthetic oil. This will keep waxes and varnishes out of there. The only thing Seafoam will do is dilute the synthetic oil with non-detergent oil, and the alcohol will strip lubricating oil from journal surfaces. It will not clean anything, stop sticking rings or valves, grow hair, reduce your waist size, or improve mileage. It can cause engine damage not covered under the Mercedes Benz warranty.

You don't want it in your gas tank either. If you are using top tier premium fuel, you have all the gasoline additives you need in your tank. Adding non-detergent oil can put carbon in your combustion chamber because it does not burn well. It can fool the motor electronics into less than optimum operation, and muck up or ruin your oxygen sensors. It is not a good idea to run oil through the cat either.

The best place for almost all engine and gas additives is on the shelf at the store.

There is one you might need if you are in need of injector cleaning or carbon removal (mostly on 4 cyl supercharged cars.) It is Techron from Chevron-Texaco. It is the only additive approved by Mercedes.

I personally will use alcohol or kerosene to clean a crankcase, with the pan off, if some knucklehead put conventional motor oil in an engine.

I suggest you save your money and go see a movie instead!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! had to read it twice to catch it.....
Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
To original post

Yeah, it's probably best not to use a product like these. Mercedes does not recommend it.

Always have your oil changes done with proper synthetic oil, and you should be set. No worries.