C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tuner Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
Tuner Reliability

After reading this forum for a couple of weeks, I get a bad feeling about modifying my car. I've seen several references to the poor reliability of several companies. Does anyone have any input on that? Can anyone suggest parts or manufacturers that will have the least effect on the reliability? Thanks very much-

Andrew
Old 01-13-2002, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good option is to install a "Uni-Chip" piggy back computer. It works by itercepting the signal between the cars copmuter and the injection/ignition modules in the engine. The unichip is then programed while the car is on a dyno for otimum performance. This allows the cars computer to run all the standard funtions including cold startup and idling programs while the unichip only steps in where required. This is usually further up the rpm range as the standard settings for the computer have the car running too rich for example. The other advantage is that you can re-program the unichip every time you change something e.g. exhaust system, intercooling etc.

See http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/unichip/unichip.htm for more info.

Phill B
2002 Green/Black C200K