C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

4yr/50k miles warranty is up...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 04:41 PM

C230 K
4yr/50k miles warranty is up...

the MB warranty on my 04 w203 230k is about to end in early June this year. The car has only 38k miles on it, could I go to the dealer and have them do the service B and inspect the car before the warranty expired?

Jason
Old 05-09-2008 | 05:02 PM

'05 C230K SS
You could do that. I don't know why you'd want to drop about $500 on a Service B if you don't need to, though.

I WOULD make sure you have them replace this hose if you haven't already:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/233246-diy-m271-12-hose-replacement.html

And I would check (or have them check) your cam sensors for this problem, and then do (or have them do) the necessary preventative maintenance to avoid any future problems:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...or+leaking+cam
Old 05-11-2008 | 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
His might be one of the 04's that still had free maintenance. If so, then yes.... i would also have them check the Cam Sensors and the wiring harness. If your display in your cluster has faded, have them replace it. Also have them adjust your rear sunshade if it's spazzing out. While you are at it, have them double check to make sure if it's a valeo radiator or a behr. Other than that, welcome to those of us with ***** to have these cars after the warranty runs out . Good luck!
Old 05-11-2008 | 10:07 PM

C230 K
Originally Posted by electromethod
His might be one of the 04's that still had free maintenance. If so, then yes.... i would also have them check the Cam Sensors and the wiring harness. If your display in your cluster has faded, have them replace it. Also have them adjust your rear sunshade if it's spazzing out. While you are at it, have them double check to make sure if it's a valeo radiator or a behr. Other than that, welcome to those of us with ***** to have these cars after the warranty runs out . Good luck!
what's the difference between those two radiators?
my car is quite good to me so far. the only bad thing happened was the transmission fluid leakage due to a failed clip or something. the car was towed to dealer and fixed under warranty on the same day.
other than that, I don't have any trouble...yet.
I do consider to trade it in because of the expiring warranty, howevr, carmax gave me a "low-balled" estimate, less than 13K, so I decided to keep it for another year or two and see how lucky I am.....

jason
Old 05-12-2008 | 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
A member here did a DIY on the radiator replacement. Check it out........ it's worth your time. The valeo ones have batches I guess that leak coolant into transmission.... something a few members learned the hard way . It's easy to tell though based on the pics SPLINTER put up. I dropped the pan and figured it out 2 weeks ago when I did my first post warranty service as well as install those cam sensor extensions. My car has been good to me as well, which is why I opted to keep her longer Best of luck, and definately check the wiring harness yourself at least to see if there is oil that leaked in there. Do a search and you will find a detailed thread about this, as well as part numbers for the cam sensor extensions.