C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

ticking noise in the vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor Magma Red
ticking noise in the vent

recently, I'm hearing a loud cliking noise and it sounds like its coming from the ac vent above the radio. I need help? Anyone experiencing this or is it just me.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:50 PM

Mercedes C270 CDI Est
Re: ticking noise in the vent

Originally posted by mjdsy
recently, I'm hearing a loud cliking noise and it sounds like its coming from the ac vent above the radio. I need help? Anyone experiencing this or is it just me.

Snap, I've noticed the same. I think its the air vent fins when the ac is on auto, Shall be having a word in the shells of the local dealer.

C270 cdi Est Heated Leather Bi Xenons Auto winter Pack
Old 12-09-2002, 03:51 PM

c230k
its not just me!!

Yes!!!

I have been hearing these ticking noises also. I also figured they were coming from the AC vents above the radio, but I have no idea what this may be. I was too embarrassed to go to the dealer again, because I always complain to them about all of the different noises. But this one is definitely very very annoying..

I am also getting noises from the passenger seat I believe. I have a feeling it may be coming from the headrest, but I have no idea. It is very frustrating. I have to go in for my Service A in 500 miles, so I will give them a list of things to look at...

also, can someone explain to me the whole problem with the Purge Valve. I think mine has that problem too, but I would like to make sure.

Thanks

- Ben
Old 12-09-2002, 06:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
This happened to me once. Turns out, a leaf or two had gotten in through the outside air intake vent. After turning my fan all the way up, and down, and back up a few times, it finally freed itself up and the ticking sound stopped.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: its not just me!!

Originally posted by webbersworld

I am also getting noises from the passenger seat I believe. I have a feeling it may be coming from the headrest, but I have no idea. It is very frustrating. I have to go in for my Service A in 500 miles, so I will give them a list of things to look at...
I've got a C240 sedan, and I had a noise from the passenger headrest when nobody was sitting there. Just place your hand on the headrest when you hear the noise and see if it stops. It wasn't a metallic sound, just an annoying sort of rustling sound from the slight seat motion while driving. There was a TSB for it -- they remove the headrest and slightly bend out the rods to make them hold a little tighter. I told my dealer about it at "A" service and they adjusted it. The problem went away. I tried it myself once, but the rods are not easy to bend -- I stopped because I thought I might break something where the rods are connected at the top.