C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by kcheng86
dam sucks, yea when i was installing my steering wheel, my SRS light came on too, exact same message, and the dealer cleared it for me..I didnt tell them anything, just told them my light is on...are u still under extended warranty
yah, still under extended warranty till july of 09, I might even have them check the entire car as well.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Ok so I took my car in to dealer early today and check out the SRS thing.
The service adviser just called me back and said that the (front driver, both rear seats)ETR were activated, and those will not be cover under extended warranty. He said, once it's activated, they will have to replace that.
I am waiting for the price quote now.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM

2005 W203 SS
Originally Posted by yeuchau
i think I will take it to the shop sometime this weekend, thinking should I try different exhaust this time

Anyone knows a good exhaust shop close by Irvine/Costa Mesa area??
nah, but dang that sucks man... hey let us know what u get next.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:40 PM

2006 C350 SS
I know speedway muffler, that's where i had mind done. If I can't find any good shop close by, I might eventually go to speedway this weekend.

Yah, that's probably why it caused the error, and remember I was saying that I smelled something sticks right away I hit that thing, I check the the user guide, it's actually some dust from the airbags.

Hey Yeuchau...
I have a really good shop right by me in Capo Beach/near Dana Point that does a GREAT job and has always worked on my cars as well as my friends...
Let me know if you're still looking and I can help you line something up for them to take a look at it.
They're really cool guys (Pops and his son - John) who aren't always trying to get an extra buck out of you. They do some rad custom jobs as well

Good luck man,
-Chad
Old 06-16-2008, 02:43 PM

2006 C230SS & 2009 E350
Ok so I took my car in to dealer early today and check out the SRS thing.
The service adviser just called me back and said that the (front driver, both rear seats)ETR were activated, and those will not be cover under extended warranty. He said, once it's activated, they will have to replace that.
I am waiting for the price quote now.
What did you decide on the muffler repair?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Hi all,

Just so that you guys know that muffler is fixed, now I need to fix that SRS thing, and based on what my service advisor just told me now.
They need to replace that ETR stuff, and it's gonna run about 1300, no big deal if I don't fix it, but the SRS light will be on all the time. They said, even if they clear it, it will come on right again, since there is an open circuit in that ETR now.
I just told them to give me a detail description and price qoute, so I can try to take it up with the city.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Hi all,

Just so that you guys know that muffler is fixed, now I need to fix that SRS thing, and based on what my service advisor just told me now.
They need to replace that ETR stuff, and it's gonna run about 1300, no big deal if I don't fix it, but the SRS light will be on all the time. They said, even if they clear it, it will come on right again, since there is an open circuit in that ETR now.
I just told them to give me a detail description and price qoute, so I can try to take it up with the city.
yea, take it up the city and get them to pay for it.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by FrankW
yea, take it up the city and get them to pay for it.
I would, but do you have any idea how would I go about that.

I got the copy of the police report today, on the summary page, the Cause section is as follow.
" The cause was determined to be "Other than Driver." Based on the maintenance to the roadway, the water valve cover being dislodged, and the retatively low profile of Vehicle #1. I believe Driver #1 coud not avoid or foresee the collision."
Old 06-17-2008, 06:24 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
call up their city hall and ask which dept they have that deals with this type of issue. If not, have a lawyer write up an letter to the city hall or something. remember to get the city to pay for the lawyer too if they fail to point you to the right direction to get this resolved.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by FrankW
call up their city hall and ask which dept they have that deals with this type of issue. If not, have a lawyer write up an letter to the city hall or something. remember to get the city to pay for the lawyer too if they fail to point you to the right direction to get this resolved.
claim with city sucks, I just called them, they said just fill out the claim form and submit to city clerk department, and it can take them up to 45 days for them to respond.

Good thing is that the ETR sensor is not something I need to have it fix right away.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Update on this issue:

Finally hear back from city of Irivne last week, and bascally told me that the Claim was denied by Operation of Law.

Here is what is says:
Our investigation is now complete and we find no liability on the part of the City of Irvine. It has been determined construction was being done at the are where your vehicle was damaged by All American Asphalt for Toledo University Drive Rehabilitation from Harvard to I-405 Freeway, CIP 317270. As such, we have tendered your claim to All American Asphalt.

Also, in the map below, point A is where accident happened, and it's like 7 miles away from I-405, and notice City said from Harvard to I-405 which is way off.
What do you guys think I should do now??

Last edited by yeuchau; 09-30-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 AM

Bagged w203 C320/ML430 on 22's
Dont let up....

Originally Posted by jagsy
That would be the city responsibility. Do not let them fluff it off. Be very persistant. It is their responsibility to keep safe driving conditions. Potholes etc are also claim worthy situations. Good luck man.
Yea make them understand thats what the taxes you pay on the f*****g roads needs to return and pay for damage done to you car dont take no for a answer the reason I stress this so much is because I damaged a outer barrel on one of my rims by trying to avoid one pot hole and hitting another (Seattle) hate driving down town I went to the court house and they sent me to some desk in another building where i filled out what happened meanwhile got a quote on fixing it and filed that to get it paid for in the end so don't let up on it ...