C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Water4Gas mod on C240

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fleet vehicle
Originally Posted by scottisha
Then I guess adding a supercharger or turbo is probably a waste of time too.
Both of them require and use energy. They pull energy from the motor, but are designed to give back more than they take. A turbo, obviously needing less energy to produce boost, than a belt driven charger.

I'm not saying HHO will work, just saying that the idea of taking energy from an engine to create more net energy has been done.

Scott
Superchargers and turbos are about performance boosts, not energy or efficiency.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C320
Then I guess adding a supercharger or turbo is probably a waste of time too.
Both of them require and use energy. They pull energy from the motor, but are designed to give back more than they take. A turbo, obviously needing less energy to produce boost, than a belt driven charger.

I'm not saying HHO will work, just saying that the idea of taking energy from an engine to create more net energy has been done.

Scott
Are you working on this thing yet?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 AM

My gas sipping C-Class
Originally Posted by qianlimoro
Superchargers and turbos are about performance boosts, not energy or efficiency.
That's not true. Back in the late 70's and early 80's, turbos became a key way to get similar hp as a V6 or V8, but with better fuel economy. If they were not about fuel economy, why were they typically on 4cyl engines instead of the tried and true monster V-8s already being produced?
C'mon, use some common sense with this.

Scott
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM

fleet vehicle
That's not true. Back in the late 70's and early 80's, turbos became a key way to get similar hp as a V6 or V8, but with better fuel economy. If they were not about fuel economy, why were they typically on 4cyl engines instead of the tried and true monster V-8s already being produced?
C'mon, use some common sense with this.

Scott
I misspoke. They are about efficiency. They were designed to enhance performance, not save gas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger

...and while I'm using some common sense, try using some basic physics.

Last edited by qianlimoro; 07-24-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
I misspoke. They are about efficiency. They were designed to enhance performance, not save gas.

Been there, tried that. Check out post #37 You hit the nail on the head, superchargers and turbo's are all about increasing the efficiency of NA engines - allowing them to extract more power from the same displacement engine, and with more efficiency than equal displacement gains. The key is that they used more fuel to do it. (Show me a turbo charged car that got better gas milage than the same NA engine. Mercedes is a *perfect* example here, look at the 180 vs the 200K engine)

That's what Scott is trying to say he can do with his HHO system - harness excess energy, add water, and the result will be improved efficiency of the system. I don't think HHO production is efficient enough to make a measurable difference.

We are waiting on a proof of concept

Last edited by UK-C200; 07-24-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM

My gas sipping C-Class

Use some basic physics to do what?
Maybe you have a degree in physics.......If so, then you got me on that one Sparky.

Here's what I've been saying and debating. If these HHO systems can (maybe they don't) produce more than they consume, it wouldn't be the first time this has been proven....
A quote from your ever so helpful wiki link:
On the single-stage single-speed supercharged Rolls Royce Merlin engine for instance, the supercharger uses up about 150 horsepower (110 kW). Yet the benefits outweigh the costs, for that 150 hp (110 kW), the engine is delivering 1,000 hp (750 kW) when it would otherwise deliver 750 hp (560 kW), a net gain of 250 hp.
Thanks for the obvious bro.

Scott
Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Ok, so this is getting silly. You can't use one bit, but ignore the rest and be taken seriously.

From the SAME article, and a continuation of your quote :

The engine has to burn extra fuel to provide power to turn the supercharger. The increased charge density increases the engine's specific power and power to weight ratio, but also increases the engine's specific fuel consumption. This increases the cost of running the aircraft and reduces its overall range.
As I've said before, your supercharger / turbo analogy is simply not correct with respect to what most HHO folks are claiming to be able to do. They claiming to harness EXCESS WASTED electrical energy, produce HHO, and increase efficiency WITHOUT increasing consumption.

Last edited by UK-C200; 07-24-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 PM

fleet vehicle
Use some basic physics to do what?
Maybe you have a degree in physics.......If so, then you got me on that one Sparky...
Just Physics 101,201, not a degree.

Good luck on the project, Scott, hope it works.

yer pal,

Sparky
Old 07-24-2008, 06:25 PM

My gas sipping C-Class
Just Physics 101,201, not a degree.

Good luck on the project, Scott, hope it works.

yer pal,

Sparky
Love the sparky at the end....At least you have a sense of humor too.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 AM
OGR

c240
water4gas

so did you ever install this sytem? did it work?

Love the sparky at the end....At least you have a sense of humor too.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride
Way to bring a thread back from the dead! LOL!

It worked awesome, I saved so much gas money I am getting this great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn! After that some I will be helping out this deceased diplomats wife get her $2,000,000 from her government and I only have to come up with $14,000 and she will quadruple it for helping out! What a deal eh?

Seriously, you get the idea here... snake oil, fake, bogus, scam, poppy ****, horse hockey, and just plain ol' BS. Save your money for a proper tune up and more fuel.