C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rear Spring Pad Availability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:45 PM

C320 Sports Coupe 2003
Rear Spring Pad Availability

Hi, all. Pretty much a noob around here but I've been reading a lot of the technical DIY posts and this afternoon managed to fix my C320 Coupe's sticking parking brake (10 minute job) and swap out the rear shocks for Koni sports (took a bit longer....).

I was pleasantly surprised how easy changing the shocks was - ony ever having replaced brake pads before! I love all the technical posts - thanks the the folks who put this great info up. FYI the local service shop near me (NOT the MB dealership) quoted me $750 to install shocks and springs

Now I'm gearing up for the fronts - I'm going Koni Sport shocks and eibach springs. I have spring compressors ready to go.

The only reason I didn't swap the spring out on the rear today was I want to run Pad No. 4 (the car currently has #1's) and my local Dealership tells me they are back ordered with no date on when they will be avaiable. Is this a NA wide problem or just my dealership? (I'm in Canada if that makes a difference). #4's will give me the drop I want with the eibach springs in case you are wondering...

Worst case scenario I could shim the existing pads up a bit I guess....or order from the US.