C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Demo Vehicles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19 XC90
Demo Vehicles

What are you guys thoughts on vehicles being sold at a dealership that are demo vehicles?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
How do you mean "demo" vehicles, exactly? You mean cars that sit on the showroom floor or loaners given out?

In my case, I have a car that was scheduled to become a loaner but instead was decided to be sold (warranty was activated a week before I bought it). Haven't had any major problems with it that others haven't had already.

As for used loaners, well, people just don't treat them nicely. At all.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 MB C230 Iridium Silver, 2007 Hummer H3 Slate Blue
Originally Posted by DiBenz
What are you guys thoughts on vehicles being sold at a dealership that are demo vehicles?
First off, demos and loaners should not be confused. A demo is what a dealer rep. would drive (owner, salesman, parts mgr. etc). You won't lose warranty time with a vehicle if it was a demo. If the vehicle has 3k on the odometer then your warranty would be 4yr/53k as opposed to 4yr/50k. A service loaner is what it is. The vehicles warranty starts as soon as it's put in loaner svc. but since the vehicle was never sold it can still be sold as new but with the balance of the factory warranty.
Regardless if it's a demo or loaner if the the car is still under factory warranty so who cares who drove them.
Which would be a better deal? Answer i the loaner car. You will get a better deal on a loaner car since the manufacturer will give the dealer what they call "dealer cash" to help sell it where as the demo you don't. The dealer would wind up selling the demo at invoice to compensate for the mileage.

You can't go wrong whether its a loaner, demo or no mileage. The bottom line is what kind of deal you want.