C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Batter/Alternator warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C230K
Exclamation Batter/Alternator warranty

"Batter/Alternator Go to WorkShop" light turned on my car.

Would Warranty cover this for me?

And do anybody know if they void your warranty if you change the rims?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
yes i had the same problem when i first got my car, make sure you hide your system the guy was telling me how my system f'd up the alternator. mine died in the winter... they will void your warranty and bug you bout the rims only if they can prove that the rim messed up that specific component. alternator and aftermarket rims??? i dont see a connection

they replaced my alternator under manufacter warranty finally.... the service advisor guy was a ***** for tellin me my system ruined the alternator in the begining
Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 PM

2004 C230K
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
yes i had the same problem when i first got my car, make sure you hide your system the guy was telling me how my system f'd up the alternator. mine died in the winter... they will void your warranty and bug you bout the rims only if they can prove that the rim messed up that specific component. alternator and aftermarket rims??? i dont see a connection

they replaced my alternator under manufacter warranty finally.... the service advisor guy was a ***** for tellin me my system ruined the alternator in the begining

oh for real?
well do you recommend i put my stock wheels back on when i go to the dealership?

and also i just got my H&R springs would droping the car void the warranty?
Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i personally would take them off only if i was going in for a suspension problem but its up to you imo
Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
You are asking two separate questions.

Warranty covers specific components. They are not going to cancel your full warranty because you changed to purple light bulbs.

Read your warranty fine print carefully.

If you have an alternator problem, then warranty will fix that component alone, assuming you didn't do anything (aftermarket) to specifically mess with the alternator.

Rims, H&R springs, etc... is not going to void the suspension part of your warranty, unless those specific components caused some sort of damage to your original manufacturer suspension components. However, the burden of proof is on you.

Again, read your warranty and understand it.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 AM

2004 C230K
Originally Posted by Saprissa
You are asking two separate questions.

Warranty covers specific components. They are not going to cancel your full warranty because you changed to purple light bulbs.

Read your warranty fine print carefully.

If you have an alternator problem, then warranty will fix that component alone, assuming you didn't do anything (aftermarket) to specifically mess with the alternator.

Rims, H&R springs, etc... is not going to void the suspension part of your warranty, unless those specific components caused some sort of damage to your original manufacturer suspension components. However, the burden of proof is on you.

Again, read your warranty and understand it.

Alright thanks