C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sirius FM Direct Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius FM Direct Connect

I have the sportster PNP sirius receiver and have been using it in my car with the standard window mount and FM mdoulation. I would like to use a profit bracket and make a direct connection to the command unit using the sirius FM direct connection kit or aux port and in the process try to hard wire the electrical. My question is does anyone have hands on experience with this scenario or have knowledge whether the right ports exists on the CU. I have an 2004 C230 sedan. Links to instructions or pics would be nice thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GraniteGrey
I have the sportster PNP sirius receiver and have been using it in my car with the standard window mount and FM mdoulation. I would like to use a profit bracket and make a direct connection to the command unit using the sirius FM direct connection kit or aux port and in the process try to hard wire the electrical. My question is does anyone have hands on experience with this scenario or have knowledge whether the right ports exists on the CU. I have an 2004 C230 sedan. Links to instructions or pics would be nice thanks.
COMAND should have a connector on the harness for an aux input, particularly if you have the Aux option on the SVC menu. I just did this in a 2004 C230, the aux cable is part number A 210 440 50 05 64, should be about $30. I don't know where the white connector is hidden, so someone else might have to help you with that.

But there should already be an aux input in the glovebox if you have COMAND. That's much less work than installing the cable.