C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Regarding the "kick-down-button" on Cs with manual tranny.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:09 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Kompressor
Regarding the "kick-down-button" on Cs with manual tranny.

I remember someone posted a questoin about the function of the kick down button under the accelerator on cars equipped with manual transmission. Don't remember if people found out the true reasson for it's exsitance though.

One thing crossed my mind earlier today - on euro spec cars there is a "speed-limiter" function built into the cruise control. With this you can set a max-speed (f.e. 50 km/h) and when engaged you can't make the car go faster than 50, regardless on how hard you press the accelerator - except if you press it hard enough to depress the kick-down button. This feature is standard equippment in cars with manual tranny as well as those equipped with auto tranny (in Europe).

So, if you didn't get your answer earlier - here it is! Sorry if this topic has been covered and the question have been answered before - I havn't been around much lately, so I'm not very updated on what's happening around here.

Cheers!

By the way - yesterday it was -11 F (-24 C) outside. I hate it! Good thing is that the car started like a charm and got hot pretty quickly. Heated seats rocks!