C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2006 C280 Pre-wired Telephone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230K
I just picked up a pre-owned C230K on the 3rd & also have the same setup as shown in nicks pics. I am anxious to see where this thread leads & what it reveals for Nick, Tom & by default me.

Also, hello to all @ mbworld forums, I've been lurking intensively the past few days & must say that the community here seems helpful & close, almost reddit close
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Since so many of you are interested and don't seem to be able to find the info on the forums (it is all here if you search hard enough) let me help out a bit...

The following what you need to get the MHI phone system working in a PRE-WIRED 2005 - 2007 W203. If you have the stubby antenna on your windshield and the upper console in the center then you ARE prewired!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercedes-Benz-OE...item3ca888d127

Here is where it gets a little complicated. If you want to use this system with BLUETOOTH you will ALSO have to buy a bluetooth puck which plugs into the contact plate which you will install in the center console. You want to make sure you are buying part number B67875878 because it contains updated software that works with many additional phones. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fAudioQ5fVideo

Now, if you are using the bluetooth puck, your cell phone is *NOT* going to take advantage of the cars cellular antenna. The bluetooth puck does not allow for this. This means that your phone will continue to use it's own antenna even when connected to the car. For this reason you *DO NOT NEED* the Dual Band Compensator or the Antenna Switch that are being sold on the ebay link I provided. Those parts are ONLY to allow the cell phones antenna to connect to the cars antenna. If you do not install those parts you will not get any errors or have any issues as long as you are using the bluetooth puck. You will also have to install a few fuses to get power to these new parts. With all of that done most vehicles will have the phone system working immediately. Those who do not have ANY of the audio options installed (CD changer, HK audio, satellite radio, etc) will probably need to have their head unit coded in order to turn on the fiber optic bus. This can be done at the dealership for the outrageous price of ~$130 unless you know someone there well. There is an official Mercedes PDF that takes you step by step through the install floating around these forums.

To summarize, those with a pre-wired 2005 - 2007 C class need to buy the MHI module, contact plate, bluetooth puck, and a few dollars worth of fuses.

You don't even need the metal bracket seen on the auction because the MHI module can be installed onto the satellite radio bracket which is already in the trunk with some zip ties (unless you have satellite radio installed too).

Last edited by acr2001; 01-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM

2006 C280 4MATIC
Connect Plate????

Originally Posted by Random Nick
Thanks for the information.
Is there any DIY "manual" on how to do it?

An other question: my C280 2006 seems to somewhat pre-wired: there are cables in the center compartment (pic 1), but it's not connected to anywhere (pic 2 and pic 3) - I guess that's what the the contact plate is for, what you are mentioning.

Thanks for the help!
Nick

OK. I have the same set up. but where do you get the connect plate and were does it go? I have no idea. I have a 2006 C280 4 matic. NAVI, SAT, ETC.

I am just trying to get all the information to get this working in my car. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 AM

Mercedes Benz C280
Smile

Originally Posted by my06C280

I think your the only other C280 on this forum. Well i'm new here as well and I have not see anyone else with a C280. So far it's you and I. U looking for mods on ur C280 as well or r u just here for the phone module?
hahaha...I have an 06 c280 with 20,000 miles on her and yes my friend, our numbers are dwindling...I finally pulled the trigger and my modding is about to begin.. Hit me up with your thoughts and plans for your c280... I just ordered Roderick RW2's, wheels, flat hood badge from Jb Speed and KSport pro GT coilovers..This is my first benz and I plan on doing the majority of the work myself... Look forward to hearing from you..

Sorry for the thread Hijack..
Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 PM

c 280 benz 2006
Smile

Originally Posted by anthonyy
you are not alone!
hi there ... so make that 3 benz'es my c 280 /2006 is koenigsblau and very nice, to look at, to drive, an to be proud of.. dieter