C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2004 C240 CD Changer Installation Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class
Question 2004 C240 CD Changer Installation Help

I tried to install a CD changer today and still have some questions. Hopefully someone is able to help me. I search and read many postings but still do not have a clue. Can someone please show me in detail? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I found a power cable for the CD changer but not the fiber optic wire. I looked at back of the trunk as many have suggested that there should be couple extras but ther is none in my car. So, I guess I have to purchase one from a MB dealer.

Now, I tried to figure out how to connect the fiber optic to my CD changer. I saw double orange fiber optic wires come out from back of the head unit, one fiber marked Radio In (the other end connected/marked to Tel Out), and the other marked Radio Out (the other end connected/marked to Tel In). Also, I saw a seperate orange fiber optic wire with a green cap covered and marked SBS.

Questions:

How do I connect the fiber optic to my changer?
Do I disconnect Tel In fiber from the connector between Radio Out/Tel In and connect a new fiber wire from there to one side of my CD changer connector? Then, take the disconnected Tel-In fiber optic wire and connect to the other side of the connector at the Cd changer, is this right?

Thanks in advance for your help.