C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How to Remove Pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:12 PM
QC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe
How to Remove Pedals

Hello everyone, I just picked up a set of Brabus Pedals. My question is how do you remove the older pedals. I took off the rubber covering and have the plastic piece remaining. I took a look for some screws to remove but can see them, where abouts are they. Thanks
Old 02-05-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

How much were the pedals?? Do you have a pic?
Old 02-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Re: How to Remove Pedals

Originally posted by QC1
Hello everyone, I just picked up a set of Brabus Pedals. My question is how do you remove the older pedals. I took off the rubber covering and have the plastic piece remaining. I took a look for some screws to remove but can see them, where abouts are they. Thanks
What model do you have? Are they real Brabus pedals? Mine were just covers, that screw onto either the plastic or metal pedal, depending on which one you're talking about. I think you're making this more difficult than it is. Look again - it should be self-explanatory (though it would be nice to get instructions with the set, I think). As far as the gas pedal, you have to cut the old pedal cover to remove it; the Brabus cover screws right on top.

HRV - STFF - pics of mine have been posted many times, since they're so purdy.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
(FOR ALL THE NEWBIES OUT THERE) Alright, since I need the information anyway, I thought I'd use this example of "bumping an old thread" to get more information.

Now, to the topic, anybody know if the current "sport" pedals are any different from the c7 pedals? I'm trying to find some sort of D.I.Y. on how to remove the pedals (and pics) and there were 2 threads with pix of pedals installed, but no removal pics.

Anybody with a 2004.5 and up changed out their pedals yet or am I gonna be the first? I like the stock ones, but I like the one's I bought from Rich better!

Thanks in advance, for those that can help.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
I have my original 03 sport pedals man...... black rubber all the way around.... real hawt! lol..... I upgraded to the c7's and it was easy. THe e-brake and brake pedals were straight covers that slipped on and off. The gas pedal had a pin on base that had to be pulled out. From there it was easy to slip off old one adn slip on new one. THere is a good write up of it from back in 03...... I want to say around feb-april timeline. Hope that helped. BTW... MOMO has a nice set of pedals for MBZ's........
Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by electromethod
I have my original 03 sport pedals man...... black rubber all the way around.... real hawt! lol..... I upgraded to the c7's and it was easy. THe e-brake and brake pedals were straight covers that slipped on and off. The gas pedal had a pin on base that had to be pulled out. From there it was easy to slip off old one adn slip on new one. THere is a good write up of it from back in 03...... I want to say around feb-april timeline. Hope that helped. BTW... MOMO has a nice set of pedals for MBZ's........
Thanks, man. I just bought some Carlsson pedals from Rich. They look pretty similar to the C7/4.5 and up sport pedals (metal w/ rubber rivots) except with Carlsson etched into the pedals.

I think I saw the write up you're talking about in '03 about the C7 pedal install, but all or most of the pics are gone, so I couldn't really see any step by step/DIY looks. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out, but thought I'd bring up this thread since it's distinctly titled "How to Remove Pedals" and hope that with all the knowledgable people we have here on the boards, we'd be able to compile enough information to add this to the DIY/Aftermarket Mod sticky.

I think the hardest thing for me will be drilling in the Dead Pedal. The gas and brake shouldn't be too hard (although, I'm not sure if the mounting points are the same. One way or another, I think I'll be able to ghetto-fab something, if need be. If anybody can dig up the old pics from the '03 thread (that are no longer in the thread), could you please re-post here.

Thanks.

drex