C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tagged: No Front License Plate..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-c 320 Sports
FALSE ACCUSATIONS FROM AREL 11

Dear AREL11:

if you Read my posts, and understood what is written you might comment differently and accurately.

your comment is not justified when you suggest
NOT TO RUN RED LIGHTS is why i leave the front plate off,and to do a james bond flip frame as a good idea?

I NEVER RUN ANY RED Lights. with perfect DMV record!

you even suggest a conspiracy theory? about this

when I READ IN THE LOCAL PAPER HERE IN TOWN
the problems of adjusting the Yellow to be Fast to ENCOURAGE TICKET WRITING.

that is one of reasons MY PLATE IS NOT ON THE FRONT
to protect myself from these trigger happy cameras, that is documented in the local news paper.

you in turn TELL OTHERS HERE I SHOULD NOT RUN A RED LIGHT AND THEN I WOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY

===================================

These posts are for informations regarding the Mercedes Benz and other issues, not a spear campaign using wrong informations to make an incorrect point!

specifically FRONT LICENSE PLATES and the issues surrounding it.... the laws, amounts paid, etc

and what occurs by not having one.

And WHY MOTORCYCLES are not required.

and NEW CARS ARE SOLD WITHOUT A FRAME
to put a plate.

and the Real reasons behind this law?

and what States have it and what states dont.

re-read your post, its nothing of the above, but
a nasty message, for others to view, without merit.

-danczr-

Last edited by Danczr; 07-07-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 SLK 55 AMG
Ordered tow-hook from gominigo Saturday.
Got it today.

Installed it.
And it looks freaking UGLY.

I actually messed up, and didn't torque down the tow-hook.
So the bolt I attached into the tow-hook part got stuck, and I can't quite get it back out =/

So I had to do some improvisions, and got it to look the way it should.
Regardless, the license plate in the front still looks incredibly ugly.

Time to get an appropriate frame, and the ticket cleared =/
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Danczr
Dear AREL11:

if you Read my posts, and understood what is written you might comment differently and accurately.

your comment is not justified when you suggest
NOT TO RUN RED LIGHTS is why i leave the front plate off,and to do a james bond flip frame as a good idea?

I NEVER RUN ANY RED Lights. with perfect DMV record!

you even suggest a conspiracy theory? about this

when I READ IN THE LOCAL PAPER HERE IN TOWN
the problems of adjusting the Yellow to be Fast to ENCOURAGE TICKET WRITING.

that is one of reasons MY PLATE IS NOT ON THE FRONT
to protect myself from these trigger happy cameras, that is documented in the local news paper.

you in turn TELL OTHERS HERE I SHOULD NOT RUN A RED LIGHT AND THEN I WOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY

===================================

These posts are for informations regarding the Mercedes Benz and other issues, not a spear campaign using wrong informations to make an incorrect point!

specifically FRONT LICENSE PLATES and the issues surrounding it.... the laws, amounts paid, etc

and what occurs by not having one.

And WHY MOTORCYCLES are not required.

and NEW CARS ARE SOLD WITHOUT A FRAME
to put a plate.

and the Real reasons behind this law?

and what States have it and what states dont.

re-read your post, its nothing of the above, but
a nasty message, for others to view, without merit.

-danczr-

Ok.... I was going to let this rest.... but....

Listen, I don't have a front plate on my car. I am required by Maryland Law to have one. If and when I get caught, I know the f'ing consequences. I hereby vow to not come here and complain about how the yellow lights are short and the police and govt. are trying to get over on me by enforcing the law I already know I am breaking!

The reason for the law is to make your vehicle identifiable from the front and the rear. Not just for red light cameras but for everyone. If the dealer sold you the car without a front bracket and you knew you required one, why didn't you ask for one before you drove off the lot? Don't blame anyone but yourself. You knew it was illegal and took your chances. You got caught. Man up and move on. Happy motoring.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 AM

2009 SLK 55 AMG
Amidst all this fighting,

I'd like to know if anyone has any personal info about these frames?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...Q5fAccessories

I'd like the one that spells out MB on the back, and the one with just the logo on the tow-hook front.

But looking at them, they only have 2 of those tabs where we can screw in bolts.
So what I'd like to know is as to whether or not the bottom part of the frame will block the holes for the screws?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
You know, I just don't get the whole thing. If you choose to live in a state that requires the front plate, especially if you are probably going to live there the entire time you own the car, just put the front bracket on and forget about it, I'm not sure the big deal. I don't like the holes in the front either, but it is part of the deal.

I don't think the new car should have to be sold with the front bracket installed, because the dealer has no idea where you will register the vehicle in the end. That being said, every new car I've bought, or known someone that bought in the last 15 years or so has come with a front tag bracket. The one for my Coupe is still with the spare tire, right where it came.

My thoughts on redlight cameras: I don't like them overall. Engineering solutions should be tried first - things like making the yellow LONGER. I believe it should be set somewhere around 1 second for each 10 mph of speed for the road it services. I do not think red-light cameras are effective for keeping people from just blowing a red light. However, I have noticed that in heavy traffic, they do tend to keep people from piling into the intersection on the yellow, when they can't clear it and then preventing the cross traffic from going. With a longer yellow, (and not used for the intent of generating revenue) I think that is a good purpose for them.

As far as motorcycles, they are so different from automobiles that you might as well start the discussion on why their tags are different sizes. I might try to look it up this afternoon, but I would suspect that the tag size and placement is covered by federal regulations and that regulation specifies one plate for motorcycles. Sort of like why motorcycles are, by federal regulation, allowed in HOV lanes, even with just the rider.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 AM

2003 c230K Coupe
Just plead not guilty and if the judge talks to you, explain to him what happened. Down here in Georgia, most people plead not guilty for small things like that and the judge just dismisses the cases. But if it costs $25 you might as well pay it and not deal with it.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
I live in a state (RI) that requires a front license plate. However, because I bought my car in California, even though CA is a 2 plate state, my car never had the front bracket mounted. So I've been driving this car for nearly 3 years (bought in Sept 2006) with no front plate. If I'm in a suspicious area, I'll grab the plate, which is enclosed in a see-thru clear plastic baggie, and place it on my dash.

The only problem with that was when I needed to get the car inspected. RI Inspection Law requires that the front plate be mounted to the front bumper. Being in this situation, I too looked at various companies making license plate brackets that can be mounted to the tow-hook or easily removable. However, I couldn't justify spending $70+ dollars on a product, that, in my opinion, could be made for $20 or less.

With that said, I ended up making my own bracket. I'm at work now, but later this evening, I'll post some pics of what I did. I must say, it came out pretty good, and was very simple to make.

Cintoman
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM

2009 SLK 55 AMG
Cintoman +1, kinda'

I am lazy, and didn't want to go to Ace and look for all the proper fittings, etc.
Overall all you really need is a Tow Hook that allows a screw to fit outside.
After that.. the other nuts, bolts, and that one plate to a-fix your license plate to is relatively all up to creativity.

However, I'm a very lazy person.
I bought it. Put it in.
Am about to drive to the davis police department tomorrow to clear this up
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Made My Own Bracket

Hi All,

I was going to post the pictures of the license plate bracket here, but I knew of an original thread here, and figured it was more appropriate posting it there. My post is 275. Link here.

Let me know what you think.

Cintoman
Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Front License Plate

I read all of the replys to this, but I haven't found a site or place that has mounting kits or instructions on how to put up a license plate on a C-class. I would rather not drill holes, but either way I'd appreciate some advice

P.S It's a 2002 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C320 coupe
Originally Posted by XsuperbeeX
gominigo.com?
erm blind?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Yeah. I checked that site, but there is a thread on here saying that it looked really ugly. And also, gomingo.com doesn't have specifics for the C-class......I don't want to buy it then have it not work on my model.

Any other places??

Thanks BTW
Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
for the states that require a front plate... does anyone know if it falls under the laws to have it in the window? i know people do it all the time, but does it meet their regulations?

i live in VA and work in MD.

thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
I created a magnetic one just for one I get tickets I put the magnet under the bumper and put it on when I get fix it tickets. I mean you still get a ticket but at least when you have to go fix it you don't have to drill holes on your bumper. Just put the license plate up to your bumper and the magnet holds it there. Ive never tried driving with it though but I doubt it will hold. Unless you get a super strong magnet then maybe but i got a cheap one off ebay.