C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Front Window on auto does not fully close when trying to close all windows at once

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 c230 Kompressor Sport
Angry Front Window on auto does not fully close when trying to close all windows at once

Hi, I have a 2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport. It was recently broken into and they broke my front driver and passenger windows. I purchased the original panes from my local dealership and installed them without making any configuration at all, basically tried to install them as close to the original installation as possible.

After the installation, the passenger front window began to close only 90%. Let me explain. After I put all of my windows down using the automatic controller. I then use the same controller to put all of my windows up at once. The right passenger goes up with the rest, but after it closes, it automatically goes down again about 3 inches. If I try to use the automatic controller to put it up, it keeps doing this, until I hold the controller up.

I do not know what sort of a glitch this is, but it happens occasionally and drives me crazy, because I leave the car put all of my windows up, and then just when I am about to get out and lock the car, the right window is down a bit.

Please help me out, and I do thank you in advance.

Andrew.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
It sounds like all you need to do is resynchronize all your windows. Take each window to both fully open and close (don't use auto up/down) and hold the switch for 5 seconds after limit is met. Do same for sunroof.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
my Driver side Rear does the same thing when Going Up/Closing... it Express Down But Not Up... i tired the Resynchronizing many times but i gave up on it.. well i hardly roll down my rear windows anyways...