C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

A-Service, 221 Keys, No Phone Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 c240 4matic wagon
Thumbs down A-Service, 221 Keys, No Phone Message

Finally took my car to it's first doctor's appointment, asked them to clear the "No Phone" message, and explained the difference between the 217 and 221 series keys - they both have the capability to release the trunk lock, but one has a button, the other doesn't. I asked them to replace the keys.

The called me up at 5:15pm while I'm in traffic on my way home to tell me the car was ready, they didn't do the phone message (can't be done) and key swap (not available), and they needed their rental back (camry...yuk). I had told the service manager at Morristown Mercedes-Benz I had the menu options but he said no need for that, they would call if they got stuck. By the time they called there was no mechanic left, and I was closer to Jersey City than Morristown, with Friday rush hour traffic making a u-turn an unattractive proposal. I'd get there just in time for closing if I'm lucky. Well, we're open on Saturday and Monday, and we need the Camry back. I said sorry, I don't work until Tuesday (my job's near Morristown), I had other plans and no intention to drive the 35 miles each way on my long weekend.

I'll have to find another dealership for my next service. Any recommendations? Ray Catena, Manhattan?

I want my keys, and I want that message gone. I know it can be done, it's more likely a matter of "won't" over "can't".
Old 02-16-2003, 06:41 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Oh, and I forgot to add:
No free donuts, just - donut holes

Hope I got a free car wash - it NEEDED it!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:10 AM

c230k
i dont get donuts

I love Euromotorcars, but they dont ever give all this free donuts/cookies.

they do however have an espresso machine thingy that makes coffee and lattes and hot chocolate... still no donuts or donut holes
Old 02-17-2003, 06:02 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Re: i dont get donuts

Originally posted by webbersworld
I love Euromotorcars, but they dont ever give all this free donuts/cookies.

they do however have an espresso machine thingy that makes coffee and lattes and hot chocolate... still no donuts or donut holes
Well, Maryland's a bit far especially if they don't serve donut holes. I'll keep you posted on whether I can help them disable the No Phone message (courtesy of mbworld forum's earlier posted menu map), and if I can persuade them to order the 221 trunk release option keys.

I also had the center vent replaced because of fogging, as well as the wiper blades which sometimes remain on full-on even on dry windshield when it drizzles (sometimes it helps to rub clear the area around the optical sensor, sometimes it doesn't); let's hope that makes it better. Otherwise, I'd have to seriously recommend against getting the option (which means giving up the pana-roof - a tough decision).
Old 02-19-2003, 02:43 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Update:

Okay, they disabled the No Phone message. Thanks to the member who posted the menu path earlier!

As far as the 221-series keys with trunk-release feature, they have to order it through the VIN number, and that key is not available for the Coupe. Dealer said he'll look for a sedan key no longer used, and I can swap the case.

I will do a search on how this has been done before, cause I remember reading about someone ordering the new key and having it re-programmed for the particular car.

If anyone can help refresh my memory or has any info to add, I'd appreciate that.