C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rust :o fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Wow,... now you're asking how is it possible to wash the inside of your door. Amanonfire, in your post #39,.. you said and this is a direct quote: "I wash the inside of my doors all the time." Thank you,... you just proved you have no idea what you're doing,... and talking out your ***!

Amanonfire,... was that reply good enough for you? I believe we proved who's the unintelligent one is.
Sorry to revive an old thread, I think SunnyRay just proved who's unintelligent.

Anyone who thinks I was serious when I said "I wash the inside of my doors all the time " obviously doesn't understand sarcasm. Can anyone wash the inside of their doors? No, yet that's where the worst of the rust claims have been. The inside of the doors should be waxed with MB's magic bean wax, so I wonder why the doors rust from the inside out... (for SunnyRay, that's also sarcasm incase you're not smart enough to figure that out)

Its interesting though, in the same post I asked: "Did you lift up your door sills or impact strips yet? Did you check inside the rolled rear fender?" and still no response. For someone with so much MB know-how, he should beable to remove and replace the door sills or impact strips in about 30 secs, or remove the rear tire in about 5 mins.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Originally Posted by amanonfire
Sorry to revive an old thread, I think SunnyRay just proved who's unintelligent.
Yes, I beleive I have,...

Why are you reviving a 2 week old thread? Are you loosing sleep over it?

Amanonfire,.... here's a word of advice,... you really shouldn't suggest that I'm unintelligent,.... especially, given that I'm smart enough to turn the table on you, people are now wondering what's below unintelligent.

Here's a reminder for you folks,....
In post# 48 on August 24 Amanonfire trys to set me up with:
I thought the manual states the wax would protect the paint for the life of the car? How does the salt penetrate the magical wax? How does washing remove salt particles trapped inside the wax... inside the door?

How do I wash the inside of the door? Since a majority of the rust claims reported on this site involve replacing doors, please tell us, how do you wash the inside of the door? and why did the magical wax not work?

This reply should be good, and unintelligent.
But in a previous post, post # 39, on August 23 Amanonfires states:

I wash the inside of my doors all the time. Did you lift up your door sills or impact strips yet? Did you check inside the rolled rear fender?
And now Amanonfire shows up 2 weeks later revising an old thread,... man, you really do need a life!

Oh,... that's "sarcasm". And it takes you over two weeks to come up with that answer,... the little hamster in your brain must have been working overtime,.... and that's the best you could do,... maybe I should expect another reponse from you in about 2 years.

Its interesting though, in the same post I asked: "Did you lift up your door sills or impact strips yet? Did you check inside the rolled rear fender?" and still no response. For someone with so much MB know-how, he should beable to remove and replace the door sills or impact strips in about 30 secs, or remove the rear tire in about 5 mins.
OMG,... I can't believe you're actually still waiting! Funny thing is, you think I'll jump through hoops when some guy on the internet tells me to jump,.... Hey Amanonfire, are you still waiting??? Sure sounds that way,...

You try to discredit other posters by trying to get them to jump through your hoops,... and trying to imply they overpaid on features they never brought,... like $1000 for wax for scotch guard,....

Gee,... my car doesn't have any rust on it because I actually wash the road salt off of it during the winter. I can't believe someone who already needed 3 rust work done,... still insist on giving people advice on how to prevent rust on their cars.

Look, you failed to wash the road salt off your car and that's why it's rusting out! You can blame Mercedes-Benz,... you can blame your Mercedes-Benz Service Advisor,... you can blame your Krown chemical rust proofing,... you can blame your city for using road salt,... you can blame old man winter for making snow and ice,... you can blame your mother,... heck,you can even blame ME,.... but at the end of the day it's YOU who FAILED to wash the road salt off your car,... it's YOU who FAILED to take care of your car.

Amanonfire,... what is wrong with you? Why do you keep on coming back for
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c230 kompressor M111 6spd
SunnyRay,

I disagree I bought a lemon, the car is mechanically great, except it's old (212k). The lady was a slob, and didn't consider rust as an issue. I got a good deal and all I'm trying to do is fix the rust and I'm trying to find the way to get it under warranty.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by draze
SunnyRay,

I disagree I bought a lemon, the car is mechanically great, except it's old (212k). The lady was a slob, and didn't consider rust as an issue. I got a good deal and all I'm trying to do is fix the rust and I'm trying to find the way to get it under warranty.
good luck at 212k and 2002 i cant imagine Mercedes even helping at all. i don't remember what the warranty is in Canada but i don't think it is that good. why would you buy a car that was owned by someone that let the car rust bad? that probably means that maintenance was not the first priority either. i am sorry to say this but if you can't afford to buy the car and fix it you should have found a cheaper Mercedes like a w202 or another brand car until you could afford stepping up to a Mercedes that was in better shape. i understand that it is cool to have a Mercedes even if it has 212k on it and has rust but when something breaks are you going to have the cash to fix it or will you be ridding the bus. i am not trying to put you down or anything i just don't like reading posts about someone car breaking and they don't have the cash to fix it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Originally Posted by samaritrey
good luck at 212k and 2002 i cant imagine Mercedes even helping at all. i don't remember what the warranty is in Canada but i don't think it is that good. why would you buy a car that was owned by someone that let the car rust bad? that probably means that maintenance was not the first priority either. i am sorry to say this but if you can't afford to buy the car and fix it you should have found a cheaper Mercedes like a w202 or another brand car until you could afford stepping up to a Mercedes that was in better shape. i understand that it is cool to have a Mercedes even if it has 212k on it and has rust but when something breaks are you going to have the cash to fix it or will you be ridding the bus. i am not trying to put you down or anything i just don't like reading posts about someone car breaking and they don't have the cash to fix it.
Since he is in Canada, I assume he means KM.. Which would put the car at about 133k miles. Not as bad as it sounds. Plus, rust warranties typically don't have mileage limitations - just years. In the USA it's 4 years. Not sure about Canada.

Basically if you can't afford repairs, you shouldn't buy any 2001-2003 C-class.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Since he is in Canada, I assume he means KM.. Which would put the car at about 133k miles. Not as bad as it sounds. Plus, rust warranties typically don't have mileage limitations - just years. In the USA it's 4 years. Not sure about Canada.

Basically if you can't afford repairs, you shouldn't buy any 2001-2003 C-class.
true i didn't think about the millage but still 133k is still up their. but if you cant afford repairs you shouldn't buy a Mercedes of any year.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 PM

A Car
Originally Posted by samaritrey
if you cant afford repairs you shouldn't buy a Mercedes of any year.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:36 PM

W203
I haven't logged in for a couple weeks. I'll teach you how to subscribe to your posts so you can review them everytime.

Amanonfire,.... here's a word of advice,... you really shouldn't suggest that I'm unintelligent,.... especially, given that I'm smart enough to turn the table on you, people are now wondering what's below unintelligent.
Ah, sarcasm, lost on the unintelligent.

And now Amanonfire shows up 2 weeks later revising an old thread,... man, you really do need a life!
From the guy who thinks I really asked how to wash the inside of my doors. LOL Its not surprising you live in Toronto.

OMG,... I can't believe you're actually still waiting! Funny thing is, you think I'll jump through hoops when some guy on the internet tells me to jump,.... Hey Amanonfire, are you still waiting??? Sure sounds that way,...
You been jumping through them all so far.

You try to discredit other posters by trying to get them to jump through your hoops,...
And you're still jumping through them

Gee,... my car doesn't have any rust on it because I actually wash the road salt off of it during the winter. I can't believe someone who already needed 3 rust work done,... still insist on giving people advice on how to prevent rust on their cars.
I've asked you to check for rust in the known problem spots. You're repeatedly refused. My car didn't look like it has a spot of rust on it except a small bubble in in the front fender. Removing the impact strips, side sills, and door weatherstripping revealed otherwise.

Instead of trying to come up with another idiotic rant, it'll take you 5 mins to check these locations. Yet if I were you I'd be unwilling to as well, cause you know there's a good reason why I'm making you jump through this hoop.

Look, you failed to wash the road salt off your car and that's why it's rusting out! You can blame Mercedes-Benz,... you can blame your Mercedes-Benz Service Advisor,... you can blame your Krown chemical rust proofing,... you can blame your city for using road salt,... you can blame old man winter for making snow and ice,... you can blame your mother,... heck,you can even blame ME,.... but at the end of the day it's YOU who FAILED to wash the road salt off your car,... it's YOU who FAILED to take care of your car.
Since you're so good at quoting, please go back and quote where I have stated the advice of my SM, and how I didn't undercoat my car until after rust appeared.

Then you can quote this:
I park in an underground lot, with a wash bay. My car was washed every week, I kept it spotless and waxed all year. It still rusted.

Why? The answer is wasted on you, so I'll just hope your doors and fenders are rusting out, and you'll never know cause you won't check.

Amanonfire,... what is wrong with you? Why do you keep on coming back for
I like entertainment from idiots that jump through my hoops.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:40 PM

W203
Originally Posted by draze
SunnyRay,

Unfortunately the 2002s were not galvanized properly from the factory. My friend stored his 2002 every winter, never been exposed to salt, and its still rusting in the usual spots.

The way to get a good 2002 is to find one that has been rust-proofed yearly. Or one like SunnyRay's where he washes the inside of every panel, including the doors, to get the salt out. BTW, that's sarcasm for those too dumb to realize it.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 PM

Wow,... I have my own internet troll,... my troll hides under a bridge for two weeks,... then pops up again! Here on August 24,... then hid under the bridge for 15 days until September 8,... then hides for 13 days,.... and now he's back again,...

Amanonfire,.... now go back under that bridge,.... see ya in two weeks.

I haven't logged in for a couple weeks. I'll teach you how to subscribe to your posts so you can review them everytime.
Well,... Why don't I teach you how to find your own posts? Go to your above post (like post # 59) and right click on "amanonfire" user id on left side,... and select "Find More Posts by amanonfire"

Today is September 21,... but Amanonfire logged on and posted 4 days ago on September 16 and 17:
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4754624
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4754574

Hmmm,... and reading your 3 posts from just a few days ago is quite interesting,.... let's see, basically the body of your car is shot because it's rusting out,... how's the mechanics?,... oh, and you already needed to replace your original engine with a used one,.... and you still insist on give us advice on car maintenance. Thanks, but I think it's better for everyone to just do the opposite of whatever you suggest.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM

'02 C240
lol you guys are funny!

SunnyRayToronto - face it dude, just because they write it in a book doesn't make it true/valid/reliable. Otherwise you really do believe in trolls.

Amanonfire - I guess rustproofing after the rust appears and is supposedly 'fixed' means either the proofing doesn't work or the 'fix' wasn't really a fix!

Will be checking the areas amanonfire has suggested on my car tomorrow as i've not seen any rust anywhere else. Thanks for the prompting!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nowhere ...Fast
i dont believe there is such a thing as rust proofing...once you get rust, no matter what you do ( except for cutting pieces out) it will come back in the same spot...been with that dilemma with my car, fortunately the body shop just re-moving rust every year for free since they gave me lifetime warranty on their work...new paint hood every year? i dont mind that!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:04 PM

W203
Wow,... I have my own internet troll,...
PKB?

Today is September 21,... but Amanonfire logged on and posted 4 days ago on September 16 and 17:
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4754624
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4754574
Ah noobs, they need to learn how to post. You'll find your links don't work.

Just cause I logon doesn't mean I take the time to check all my posts. Consider that in your forthcoming reply, how low you are on my list that I only respond when bored to watch you dance like a monkey and jump through my hoops.

how's the mechanics?,... oh, and you already needed to replace your original engine with a used one,.... and you still insist on give us advice on car maintenance.
If you read my posts you'll find I have modded my car more than most here. You'll also note I have a Q1 2003 build, and put a lot of mileage on my car, so I've been on of the first to report many of the problems on this engine. You'll also find that the leaking cam actuators indirectly caused my engine failure.

yet you'll ignore all that and focus on trying to figure out how to clean the inside of your doors to protect the magic bean wax Mercedes sold you on.

Yet the leaking cam actuators aren't in your manual, nor will the TSB apply to your engine, so you won't know about that! Please confirm if you have/haven't installed the isolation wires.

Thanks, but I think it's better for everyone to just do the opposite of whatever you suggest.
That's your choice, and you're free to make poor choices, and still do.

Here's a hoop, jump monkey:

Last edited by amanonfire; 09-28-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM

W203
Originally Posted by RumbleUK
Amanonfire - I guess rustproofing after the rust appears and is supposedly 'fixed' means either the proofing doesn't work or the 'fix' wasn't really a fix!
Unfortunately its not a fix, its life support. Once rust appears, unless you cut it out, rust proofing only slows it down. Rust proofing may stop new rust from appearing in other places though, and is better than doing nothing.

Originally Posted by RumbleUK
Will be checking the areas amanonfire has suggested on my car tomorrow as i've not seen any rust anywhere else. Thanks for the prompting!
Under the door sills was the worst place I found rust, and somewhere most people would never check. The metal connectors that hold the plastic door guard down rust, and since they are pushed onto the frame, they scratch the frame when being installed and the rust gets under the paint.

I refused to let the dealer reinstall these clips after refinishing this area, instead mine are held down with velcro now.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moped
:r olf:

strikes again!

this please!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350

+1
Old 09-28-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
holy...you guys have been at it for months now! I log in after a month or so...and still going.
Too funny!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 AM

Instead of coming back after 2 weeks,... this time my internet troll, Amanonfire, strikes again after one week. I guess Fall really is here,... and my internet troll is in gathering mode getting ready for his winter hibernation.

Speaking of Fall,... isn't this the time of year Amanonfire should be reapplying his carcinogenic toxic chemical rustproofing? I guess that explains the green skin and purple hair! Maybe I'll have better luck posting this link,... of Amanonfire,... the internet troll man!
http://www.flowgo.com/funny/11898_in...troll-man.html
Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Wow this is out of control.