C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Modifications, done by the euro pimp (Steve)!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
I uploaded some TV tuner pictures...

click here for the TV tuner in the trunk with connected "antenna" cable...

click here for the indash display when TV is activated...

click here for the comand screen with a list of received TV channels...

clicke here for an example of a received TV channel (no antenna used...just a GPS extension cable)

click here for some colorfull teletubbies...

greetingz,
Old 02-26-2003, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Does anyone else think that the light-gray (with wood) steering wheel looks weird with the all-charcoal interior?

Old 02-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Jens C320

Originally posted by MBenzNL
The OEM MB TV antenna related parts are way too expensive...the TV tuner has wicklick connectors for the TV antennas and I (well...not me but Scorchie ) either have to look for those separate connectors or I will have to use OEM MB adapter cables out of the cellphone setup...I don't know that yet and I don't have the time to look into that yet either...will do that later on.

The W203 wood leather steering wheels are all new...charcoal or ash or tan, all with burlwood...

The W209/R230 steering wheels fit all 203s BUT the 203 uses 2 different contactrings for the multfunctional airbag. The 203 uses 3pin and 4pin connectors to connect the multifunctional switches in the airbag...Those 203s that have the 3pin MF connecting contactring can use the 209/230 steering wheel, the 203s with a 4pin connecting contactring cannot use the 209/230 steering wheel.

Buellwinkle...regardless whether germand and/or french people are able to adjust their mirrors, these convex mirror glasses are a safety feature...something that somehow the US DOT doesn't want to accept...they think that a text printed on the glass is a better and safer feature...

UK mirrors are available with dimming rightside lenses...my 202 has 3 auto dimming mirrors...but somehow MB never made that a standard/optional setup yet...

greetingz,
Would it be possible to get a price quote for a right side auto-dimming+heated mirror?

Thanks
Old 02-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by Jens C320
Not to go OT here, but Buellwinkle how about adding your dislike of Germans and French in your sig, so I don't have to read it each time I see one of your posts? Yes, I am German...so now you can go back to liking your German car...just my 2 cents...
Jens,
Me too.
Don't take Buell's comments to heart. He is a troll who likes to get to people. Read enough of his threads and you'll find out. The only thing he likes is his old Mustang.

Hey, Buell
I hear that Ford is now offering free maintenance for 2 years. Isn't it time for a new Mustang? Maybe you can convince them to throw in the free cookies and car washes you like so much with your unreliable German car.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by MBenzNL
The OEM MB TV antenna related parts are way too expensive...the TV tuner has wicklick connectors for the TV antennas and I (well...not me but Scorchie ) either have to look for those separate connectors or I will have to use OEM MB adapter cables out of the cellphone setup...I don't know that yet and I don't have the time to look into that yet either...will do that later on.
I've come to the conclusion (after searching for WICLIC connectors) that they will not work... the plastic around the WICLIC connector (to lock it in place) prevents fitting the connector to two adjacent connectors on the TV tuner.

So, it's "fabrication" time. I'm working on one for myself and Jay, and we'll try to hook up that antenna we looked at when you were here (Steve).

-s-
Old 02-26-2003, 08:48 PM
QC1

C230 Coupe
Car looks sweet, if you dont mind me asking how much is the Command and TV Tuner?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by amdeutsch
Hey, Buell
I hear that Ford is now offering free maintenance for 2 years. Isn't it time for a new Mustang? Maybe you can convince them to throw in the free cookies and car washes you like so much with your unreliable German car.

If I got a Mustang what would I have to complain about, where's the fun in that. I seriously would have bought a Mustang if the new body/chassis came out in 2003 as originally planned and now it's delayed again until 2005, not my fault but it works out, my 4 years of free maintenance/warranty run out and who in their right mind would keep an MB longer than that. The new GT will be 300 HP and with ASP underdrive pulleys and a vortech blower on it I'm sure I'll get close to the Cobra numbers of 400HP. BTW, my Ford dealer does do free car washes.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:15 PM

W203
Originally posted by QC1
Car looks sweet, if you dont mind me asking how much is the Command and TV Tuner?

Originally posted by amiras
Everything looks awesome !!! I really like the new steering wheel design but I think you need the wood interior to have a perfect match.
Again, great mods!
Thanks guys,

QC1, email Steve regarding prices.

Steve's email

Jay

Last edited by Class C; 02-26-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:20 PM

W203
Originally posted by scorchie
I've come to the conclusion (after searching for WICLIC connectors) that they will not work... the plastic around the WICLIC connector (to lock it in place) prevents fitting the connector to two adjacent connectors on the TV tuner.

So, it's "fabrication" time. I'm working on one for myself and Jay, and we'll try to hook up that antenna we looked at when you were here (Steve).

-s-
Keep me updated Scorch!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

MB C180K Coupe
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
It appears that European (and apparantly some American) drivers have difficulty adjusting their mirrors properly so they make a wide angle mirror to accomondate them. The outer 1/3rd of the mirror is convex to widen the field of view. Just because it's used by those cowards, the Germans and French doesn't make it right.
Australian spec'd cars also use this type of mirror....
Old 02-27-2003, 02:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by scorchie
... the plastic around the WICLIC connector (to lock it in place) prevents fitting the connector to two adjacent connectors on the TV tuner.
The connector on that cellphone cable (OEM MB part) does fit on all 4 connectors without hacking...
Originally posted by Sloth
Australian spec'd cars also use this type of mirror....
All the world has these mirrors...except for the northern american continent .

greetingz,
Old 03-05-2003, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by VoyagerDude
Does anyone else think that the light-gray (with wood) steering wheel looks weird with the all-charcoal interior?

YES !!!