C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Any one used Sovereign MB (Brooklyn, NY)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:21 PM
C32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one used Sovereign MB (Brooklyn, NY)?

I went there yesterday for a test drive of the C230 sedan. The salesperson who I dealt with was not very friendly, it seems to me he has not been taking me seriously as a potential buyer. I felt he didn't want to give me the test drive since I first stepped into the dealership. He refused to let me drive the car for more than 4 blocks (a big circle) and had told me not to rev the engine over 3K at any given time. What is the point of a test drive if I can't even drive the car the way I drive it? I am not trying to change gear @ redline everytime but I just don't see why there's so many ridiculous restrictions on a test drive. After the test drive was over he quoted me 30K on the spec'ed C230. He told me that's the invoice price but when I checked on autos.yahoo.com, the real invoice price is like 500 dollars lower. At the end of the whole conversation, I have asked nicely if he could give me a written quote of the 30K price but he said he could only do that if I place an order with him now. I walked out of the dealership & have promised myself never to go back even if they have the greatest deal. Anybody have some pos/neg experiences with this particular dealership?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
speaking as a NYer myself, this seems like the norm at high end car dealers. I don't know how or why, but they seem to attract a certain kind of person in sales. And if you try and shop price with them, fuggehaboutit.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree ur gonna get that everywhere..Lakeview Ralley Manhatten. i bought my car at soveriegn well actually my dad did. he said that the lady that sold him the car was very nice.. if uwant ill get her name for you. otherwise if u are looking for respect try an upscale leasing place. My parents leased there cars from the MotorNetwork in Hewlett. These places Also sell cars. try finding upscale places that do 3rd part leasing they will be nicer because they are more appreaciatve of ur bussiness