C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

COMAND Cluster Coding Process

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2K5 C230K SS 6MT -BLK/BLK
COMAND Cluster Coding Process

I grabbed this from another thread... as you can see in the bottom, the writer is unsure as to whether or not this is actually correct. And from what I've found through the supplied link, this is for the 2.0 (pre 2k5) COMAND's.... it also talks about D2B which is definitely pre 2k5. Can anyone tell me what exactly what needs to be done on the 2005+ to code COMAND to display in the cluster? My shop wants me to bring in verbatim instructions since they've never done this one before.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ __________

Instrument Cluster Display Programming

You will need to ask a dealership to enable navigation on your cluster display so you can see directions easier whilst driving. (I've not had this done yet but I've read some dealerships do it for free and others charge.) Heres a link (http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+R...article-1.html) to a site with the directions the dealer will need to enable COMAND (best to give it to them just in case they say its impossible or don't know how to.) I've quoted the relevant instructions below;

a) Start Star diagnosis, and select the correct vehicle
b) In the Main Groups screen, select 'Control Units'
c) In the Control Unit Groups screen, select 'Information and Communication'
d) In the 'Information and Communication' screen, select 'D2B – COMAND' or 'Audio'
e) In the 'Cockpit management and data system' screen, first select 'Retrofitting of D2B Components'
- select YES when it asks whether to actually write the new configuration to the vehicle.
f) Return to the screen in (e), and select 'Control Unit Adaptations', select 'Read coding and change if necessary', select 'Configuration of components (not D2B)'.
g) In the 'Configuration of components (not D2B)' enable the following: -
enable...Telephone with enlarged functionality
enable...TV Tuner
enable...Instrument cluster with automatically centering text
enable...Analog BOSE
enable...SMS transmissions permitted
And save the changes to the COMAND system - select YES when it asks whether to actually write the new configuration to the vehicle.
h) Return to the (e) screen, and select 'Radio parameters', set the 'Tuner ident' to 'North America - select YES when it asks whether to actually write the new configuration to the vehicle.
i) Return to the (e) screen and select 'Variant Coding', set the 'Model/Series' correctly, and the FADER ON - select YES when it asks whether to actually write the new configuration to the vehicle.
j) Return to the menu in (c) above, and select 'ICM – Instrument cluster', select 'Control Unit adaptations', then select 'Variant Coding', then select 'Optional Equipment'
k) In the 'Optional Equipment' screen set 'Navigation' to 'PRESENT' - select YES when it asks whether to actually write the new configuration to the vehicle.

[Hope this is all accurate, but i'm sure i'll be corrected if not!]
The following users liked this post:
motionpower (02-27-2017)