C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: How do you rate the sound of your Bose system?
Excellent...way above average
11.36%
above average
36.36%
average
30.68%
below average
11.36%
way below average
3.41%
total crap...can't wait to install my $99 Audiovox
6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Bose equipped cars...how do you rate the sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2003 | 05:28 PM
Banned

C240 02
i think bose is avrage. nothing special but not that bad either. think our cars should have come with more watts. But check out the audio system for the lexus, the mark levenson (not sure how to spell it and most of u know i suck at spelling any way ) But yeah that mark L in the lexus is one awsome system,. u would think for the money we pay benz could have invested in that product or something smilar right?
Old 06-06-2003 | 05:47 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by BenzC240
But yeah that mark L in the lexus is one awsome system,. u would think for the money we pay benz could have invested in that product or something smilar right?
Isn't that like a $5000 option or so? I don't know about you but I would think that is overkill for just about most people who like us drive C-class cars.
But the system in our cars could stand some improvements. Maybe it is a difference between what people in Germany prefer compared to overhere = compromise. Demographics might play a major role.
Just my $0.02
Old 06-06-2003 | 06:39 PM
Banned

C240 02
your thinking 5000 because u r including the navigation system which by the way the lexus has a better than one than we do. even though u would have to spend extra money at least its an option. i would rather have options than start messing with a car like this
Old 06-06-2003 | 11:58 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
i thought the LS430 has Nokamichi (sp??)...either way, I love the Harman Kardon in my dad's Jag and my previous 328Ci.
Old 06-10-2003 | 02:28 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
I am pretty satisfied with the Bose system in my C320 Wagon. It doesn't equal any of my home systems but I do not expect it to. That said, I have never heard an automotive system that sounded that good. Loud, yes, but the environment precludes accurate reproduction.
Old 06-10-2003 | 04:01 PM

I would argue just the opposite. The acoustics within a Mercedes uses an enclosed environment that simulates a music theater.

I really think you should take the time to listen to a high end audiophile grade system in a Mercedes before jumping to conclusions. You'll definitely be able to tell the difference between the stock system. You just haven't heard one yet, that much is clear.
Old 06-10-2003 | 04:41 PM

300E
I found the sound of Harman Kardon in my X5 is way much better than the bose in my C. But if I compare it with the stock speaker on my ML, Bose still sound a little better(sharper and clearer).
Old 06-10-2003 | 04:57 PM

Bose is okay, but it could be so much better.
Old 06-10-2003 | 06:03 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
Originally posted by alankang3
I would argue just the opposite. The acoustics within a Mercedes uses an enclosed environment that simulates a music theater.
The dimensions are an unsurmountable problem for frequency and channel integration at reasonable levels to say nothing of the poor environmental SNR, even in a Mercedes. Dynamic range is compromised.

I really think you should take the time to listen to a high end audiophile grade system in a Mercedes before jumping to conclusions. You'll definitely be able to tell the difference between the stock system. You just haven't heard one yet, that much is clear.
You know nothing about what I've heard. I have heard many very 'high-end' stock and custom systems in MB and other cars. And, yes, I do hear a difference between a good custom system and almost all stock systems. Unfortunately, none sound good enough for me for the bother, IMNSHO!
Old 06-10-2003 | 07:33 PM

If you believe dynamic range is compromised, try listening to a Mcintosh amplifier and Mcintosh Speakers in a MB, and see how compromised your "dynamic range" really is.
Old 06-10-2003 | 08:53 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Alan,

I'm not trying to flame you. But if I were you I would do a search on KAL. See what he does for a living.
Its a little hard to believe you when your first 7 out of 8 posts is trying to sell a stereo system as a newbie to MBworld.

I think you posted something like this ".....Infinity... 10' Perfect 10 Subwoofer.....I also have a custom ported box that fits factory flush into the new C Classes, replacing the old Bose Subwoofer....." I ask you hereby *flush* with what as there are a Coupe, sedan and a wagon.

We all like a good debate and like to learn things. So, please.
What are your crudentials?
Old 06-10-2003 | 09:01 PM

I'm not here to establish my credibility. I don't need to prove that to you. Yes, I am selling a stereo for C Class sedans. My car is a c320 but it would also work in a c32 or a c240.

Believe me my friend, there are a lot of people out there who work at stereo stores and car stereo stores, who claim to know a lot more than they actually do. I'm not saying anyone here is like that, but just a note of caution.

I'm not here to convince you. There's only one way to do that. And thats by listening to an audio set up first hand so you can hear for yourself. I'm confident in my setup and am willing to demo it who wants to buy it.

It simply doesn't make sense not to recommend systems that sound incredibly better than the Bose system if one is such an audio enthusiast. And to fall back on that line that cars "compromise dynamic range" doesn't really pack much punch. Sure range could be better with a couple of home amplifiers, receiver, and speakers; but that doesn't take away from the awesome sound you could get from your Mercedes. Thats why Brabus offers specialized systems with upgraded sound systems, because people know that there is a lot of potential and its not a waste of money. Anyone whos had a really good system in their MB should agree.
Old 06-10-2003 | 09:17 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
If you believe dynamic range is compromised, try listening to a Mcintosh amplifier and Mcintosh Speakers in a MB, and see how compromised your "dynamic range" really is.
Just because it's LOUD, it doesn't mean that it has dynamic range. The limit on dynamic range in car audion is on the low end, not the high.

It simply doesn't make sense not to recommend systems that sound incredibly better than the Bose system if one is such an audio enthusiast.
You misread me. I hear the difference but I do not value it as you and others do.
Old 06-10-2003 | 09:19 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Interesting answer. But, you never did answer my *flush* question.

I'm not here to establish my credibility. I don't need to prove that to you.
It might help you with this membership. Funny, I always thought that a good salesman always establishes trust and proves their credibility in order to close the deal.

Yes, I am selling a stereo for C Class sedans. My car is a c320 but it would also work in a c32 or a c240.....I'm not here to convince you. There's only one way to do that. And thats by listening to an audio set up first hand so you can hear for yourself. I'm confident in my setup and am willing to demo it who wants to buy it.
Then why don't you list where you are located?

Thats why Brabus offers specialized systems with upgraded sound systems, because people know that there is a lot of potential and its not a waste of money. Anyone whos had a really good system in their MB should agree.
Just looked at the Brabus website. Please clarify your statement.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 06-10-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2003 | 09:55 PM

I'm not a salesman. I have a different job.

As for your questions:

(1)If you read my first post listing the equipment you would have seen that I'm in Los Angeles.

(2)The answer to your second question if you were reading my other post more carefully is that I have a c320. So it fits flush in a C Class sedan.

(3)If your interested call Brabus and ask them.

Kal,
Your point is well taken.

Alan
Old 06-10-2003 | 10:16 PM

C320 Coupe
For what they charge, It could be better, but it is good enough for me. Better than many other stock car audio systems I've listen to.