C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Classic No CD Changer Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
Classic No CD Changer Issue

Hey everyone, first just want to say i did search and read all the articles about this, found some interesting ways to try to fix it but couldn't find the answer to what i was looking for so I had to make a new topic

I got the No CD Changer error a few years ago on the car and had it fixed and it's worked fine up until recently. I clicked the CD button on the headunit and got No CD Changer, i plugged in my ipod and ignored it for a month, and then wanted it to work so i opened up the glove compartment and punched the cd changer where it says "push", and it worked for about a week, then stopped when I tried to change the CD that was playing, returning to "No CD Changer". Better yet, the CD Changer itself won't eject

Just wondering, rather than getting it fixed, what would I be looking at in switching out teh CD Changer unit for an aftermarket one? I'm not that inclined in the audio section but they've gotta sell a piece that can replace that and just play the CD's into my existing headunit and speakers no? Only thinking about this because after my search i keep reading that just as what happened to mine, the replacement stock CD changers just keep breaking and having the same issues

thanks for any info
Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
The problem is with the system that is designed to pull out/push in the CD cartridge trays. If your look carefully, youll notice that atleast one tray is in a stuck state (pulled out into the player area) and cannot be closed so the cartridge can be ejected.

To fix this, the first time I opened up the CD changer (very easy...lots of torx 20 screws) and slowly released the tray. But it happened again soon, so I took the handle end of a solid screwdriver and slowly tapped the cartridge from the front loading area. A couple knocks and the mechanism released and pushed the cartridge tray in and ejected the cartridge.

Happened a bunch of times, then I got AVIC. Hope this helps.